Presentation on theme: "Business Studies Whats it all about?. Very Simply there are 5 main areas that we study, whether at GCSE or A-Level: Business Ownership, Aims and Organisation."— Presentation transcript:
Business Studies Whats it all about?
Very Simply there are 5 main areas that we study, whether at GCSE or A-Level: Business Ownership, Aims and Organisation Human Resources Production Marketing Finance
1. Business Ownership, Aims and Organisation This looks at the different forms that a business should be: Eg. Should a sole trader expand to be a partnership?
2. Human Resources This looks at how a business organises its Human Resources (its people). Eg. Lets say a Head of Department left Omagh Academy…
3. Production Here we look at the ways in which a business decides to produce a product. Eg. One firm makes dresses and sells them for £800 each. Another makes dresses and sells them for £19. Why is this?
4. Marketing Here we look at the ways in which a business markets its product. We look at market research, marketing overseas and the 4 Ps of Marketing Eg. When a new Playstation console comes out it is sold at a high price but when a new magazine for female teenagers comes out it is sold for a low price. Why is this?
5. Finance Here we look at how a business keeps a record of its finances. Eg. Before you start in business you should work out your break even point. i.e. what does your output level have to be before you have as much money coming in as you have going out.