Presentation on theme: "The Selling Process Chapter 13. The Selling (Sales) Process A step by step process a salesperson uses to help customers reach buying decisions & ensure."— Presentation transcript:
The Selling Process Chapter 13
The Selling (Sales) Process A step by step process a salesperson uses to help customers reach buying decisions & ensure satisfaction.
7 Steps of the Selling Process 1.Prepare to sell 2.Approach the customer & establishing relationships 3.Determine customer needs 4.Prescribe solutions & present the product 5.Overcome objections 6.Close the sale 7.Reaffirm buyer-seller relationships
1. Preparing to Sell Acquire product knowledge Identify features & benefits Generating sales leads Prepare a sales presentation
2. Approaching the Customer & Establishing Relationships Put the customer at ease by setting the mood or atmosphere Encourage customers to want to hear about the product Gain customer confidence Create favorable impressions
What your mother said is true...
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!
Service Approach Method –Ask if assistance is needed. How may I help you? Greeting Approach Method –Salesperson welcomes the customer & establishes a positive atmosphere. Good morning. Merchandise Approach Method –Let the customer look around. When they show interest in a product, make a comment or asks a question. Methods for the initial approach :
4. Prescribing Solutions & Presenting the Product Offer solutions based on diagnosed customer needs Show limited number to avoid confusion Sell the benefits of the product Present the product & demonstrate features that best satisfy customer needs Concentrate on main item of interest to close the sale
5. Overcome Objections Objection – A question or concern raised by customers after they have been shown a product. Identify customer objections Address specific concerns Put the customer at ease by specifically answering their concerns
6. Close the Sale Look for signals that the customer is ready to buy Ask the customer for their business Handle procedures to finalize the sale
7. Reaffirm Buyer-Seller Relationship Help customers feel confident with their purchase Follow up after time to assure customer satisfaction Provide all contact info. for problems Suggestion Selling – Often can suggest other products that compliment main purchase. (i.e. buy socks after the purchase of shoes)
Selling Acronym People (Prepare) Are (Approach) Nice (Needs) So (Solutions) Open (Objections) Closed (Close) Rooms (Relationships)