PLOT Plot is the sequence of events that make up a story.
1. EXPOSITION This usually occurs at the beginning of a story. Includes CHARACTERS and SETTING –Characters: the people in a story –Setting: the time, place, and atmosphere of a story
2. RISING ACTION This part of the story builds interest or suspense. Includes CONFLICT, the problems a character encounters.
3. CLIMAX This is the turning point of the story, often the most exciting part. Usually the main character comes face to face with a conflict; he wins or loses, dies or lives, gets what he wants or doesn’t.
4. FALLING ACTION Loose ends of the plot are tied up.
5. RESOLUTION The story comes to a reasonable ending.