We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDenis Skinner
Modified over 5 years ago
Bell Work Journal "I have never been more frightened than when...“ 1 paragraph with 4 sentences minimum
Bell Work Journal Persuade a friend to give up drugs. 1 paragraph with 4 sentences minimum
Setting The time and place of the story’s action. When??? Where???
Characters Protagonist - The central character in a story; usually the action revolves around this character. Antagonist - A person or force that opposes the protagonist.
Types of Conflict External – Struggle between the character and an outside force. Internal – Struggle within the mind of the character. (A decision)
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram Student Notes
Plot (definition) Plot is the sequence of events that make up a story. Every plot is made up of a series of incidents that are related to one another.
Plot Diagram 2 1 3 4 5
1. Exposition Occurs at the beginning of a short story. Characters, setting, and conflict (main problem) are introduced.
2. Rising Action This part of the story begins to develop the conflict(s). Builds interest or suspense.
3. Climax Turning point of the story. Point of highest interest or suspense.
4. Falling Action All loose ends of the plot are tied up. Reveals how the character solves the problem.
5. Resolution The story comes to a reasonable end.
Putting It All Together 1. Exposition 2. Rising Action 3. Climax 4. Falling Action 5. Resolution Beginning of Story Middle of Story End of Story
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram Student Notes.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.