We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAusten Tyler Glenn
Modified over 7 years ago
Lab Report Format: Steps of the Scientific Method
1. Purpose Statement of the reason the activity is being done.
2. Background Information Info needed to understand the purpose and make a prediction. – Math equations – Conversion factors
3. Hypothesis Prediction based on the info collected (Educated guess)
4. Experiment Design and perform experiments – Materials List – Procedure
5. Record and Analyze Data Record data in a table Graph of data if needed Analyze the data (What does it tell you?)
6. Conclusion State what you found. Use the data (numbers) to support your conclusion. Was your hypothesis correct? Discuss possible sources of error.
Paper Clip Game Purpose: Info gathered: Hypothesis:
Game Cont… Experiment: Record/Analyze Data: Conclusion:
Experimental Design Some Terms.
Soap Floats Lab. Question/Problem How your lab group make the bar of soap float in a container of water?
The Nature of Science.
The Scientific Method.
Fifth Grade Science Project
The Scientific Method:
Nature of Science Notes. Scientific Method 1.Problem : the question you want to answer. 2.Hypothesis : an educated guess to the problem, or an if- then.
Scientific Method 5 Steps. 1.Define the problem Starting point for using the scientific method is to define or identify the problem.
The Scientific Method DescriptionSteps Lab terms & processes.
Unit 1 – Lecture 3. First person Language? NO NEVER NOT EVER.
Chapter 1 Section 3 Goal of Science- to understand the world around us -Science is distinguished from non-science by the scientific method scientific method-
A step-by-step way to solve problems. Scientific Method.
Do background research to decide on a project. Do background research to decide on a project. Form a hypothesis statement. Form a hypothesis statement.
The Scientific Method. 1. State the Purpose State what you are going to investigate.
The Scientific Method: A flipbook of the inquiry process! the steps you follow to do an experiment.
Scientific Method. Ask a question Ask a question.
Formal Lab Write Up Science 10.
Scientific Method Reassessment Review Take notes on EVERY page of this PowerPoint. When you are finished complete the Variables Practice Page.
The Scientific Method Goal: You will be able to become familiar with the steps in the scientific method and apply them to future labs
Scientific Method Vocabulary
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.