We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byRoderick Short
Modified over 5 years ago
Metric System Metric System (SI)- System International
1. Advantages a. based on 10’s b. easy to convert from small to large and large to small c. used internationally
2. Facts a. Applies to- length, volume, mass & temperature b. Prefixes- used to tell large and small quantities
3. Basic Terms Length = Meter Mass = Gram Volume = Liter Temperature = Celsius (Kelvin for science) (Kelvin for science)
4. The SI system is used by most countries Length Meter, kilometer Centimeter Volume Liter, milliliter, um, cm 3 Mass Gram, kilogram, milligram TemperatureCelsius
5. Prefixes **Kilo = 1000 Hecto = 100 Deka = 10 deci = 1/10 **centi = 1/100 **milli = 1/1000
6. Conversion Move the decimal to convert size or amount Kilo Hecto Deka Meter deci centi milli Gram Gram Liter Liter Memory Trick: King Henry Died drinking chocolate milk
7. Practice Kilo H Da Meter d centi milli Kilo H Da Meter d centi milli 1. ? 5 2. 8 ? 3. ? 5000 4. 4 ? 5. ? 5 6. ? 5
6b. Answers Kilo H Da Meter d centi milli Kilo H Da Meter d centi milli 1..005 5 2. 8 800 3. 5 5000 4. 4 4000 5..5 5 6..005 5
The Metric System Mr. McMartin 6th Grade Beta Pod
Measurement in Chemistry
Measuring Using The Metric System
Metric Conversions DRUL Method
The Wonderful World of Metrics!. Introduction The metric system is a different way of measuring things. The practice is the same, but different units.
Metric Tools Metric History 100 Convert This! Units and Prefixes Metric Vocab Abbreviate This! Final.
SI Measurements (also known as “metric system”) “SI” stands for “System International” or “International System of Measurement”
The metric system is based on units of 10 Uses prefixes to tell how big or small the unit is Metric System.
Metric System The metric system (SI) is an international system of measurement that is based on units of 10.
The Metric System Objective: Identifying what units are used for different measurements and how to convert measurements.
Who do we think we are? United states Myanmar Liberia.
The Systeme International SI
Metric System Students will be able to convert between units in the metric system.
The Wonderful World of Metrics!. Metric Mania To determine mass, use a balance and the base unit is kilograms You will be recording your measurement.
Metrics The scientific units of measurement. Why do scientists use metric units? Easy to use Based on the decimal system (each unit is 10 times larger.
# 11 Metric System & The Scientific Method Metric System (SI)- System International.
Take out a piece of paper and try to answer the following questions: 1.Convert 5 miles to inches 1.Convert 12 kilometers to centimeters.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.