A quiz contains 5 true or false questions. Suppose you guess randomly on every question. The table below gives the probability of each score. 2. What is the probability of guessing an even number of questions correctly (not counting zero)?
3. The table shows the results of 500 spins of a spinner. Estimate the probability of the spinner landing on 2.
4. The table shows the results of 500 spins of a spinner. Estimate how many times a will land if the wheel is spun 650 times.
An experiment consists of rolling one fair die and flipping a coin. 5. What is the probability of getting an even number and heads? Show sample space.
Dice Page Using 2 dice, what is the probability of rolling: 6. 4 ? 7. 7 ? 8. 9? 9. What number comes up the most and why?
10. Suppose you are playing a game in which you roll two fair dice. If you roll a total of five you will win. If you roll a total of two, you will lose. If you roll anything else, the game continues. What is the probability that the game will end on your next roll? (Mutually Exclusive)
#11 – 13 use this same plate combination! (Fundamental Counting Principle) License plates are being produced that have a single letter followed by three digits. All license plates are equally likely. 11. Find the number of license plates produced.
12. Find the probability that a license plate has the letter Q. 13. Find the probability that a license plate does not contain a 7. 14. Find the probability of being assigned: Z539
15. A baker can make yellow or white cakes with a choice of chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla icing. Describe all of the possible combinations of cakes.
Determine if the events are dependent or independent. 16. getting tails on a coin toss and rolling a 6 on a number cube 17. getting 2 red gumballs out of a gumball machine
Two boxes each contain 4 marbles: red, blue, green, and black. One marble is chosen from each box. 18. What is the probability of choosing a blue marble and then a red marble?
Two boxes each contain 4 marbles: red, blue, green, and black. One marble is chosen from each box. 19. What is the probability of choosing at least one blue marble?
The letters in the word baseball are placed in a box. The letters are not replaced. 20. If two letters are chosen at random, what is the probability that they will both be consonants?
BASEBALL 21. If two letters are chosen at random, what is the probability that they will both be consonants or both be vowels?
22. Independent 23. Dependent 24. Sample space 25. Mutually exclusive 26. Theoretical probability 27. Experimental probability