Presentation on theme: "Unit 3 Language in use.. Language practice She asked if I was practising too much. She told me to rest and get better soon. She told me to look after."— Presentation transcript:
Language practice She asked if I was practising too much. She told me to rest and get better soon. She told me to look after myself. I told her not to worry. She asked if she could help me. She asked me what the matter was.
1). Sally: It’s so quiet! → Sally said that it was very quiet. 2). Sally: No one is shouting. → Sally said that _______________. 3). Lingling: The government wants to protect the environment of parks all over China. → Lingling explained that _______. 1. Complete the sentences. no one was shouting. The government wanted to…
4). Lingling: Let’s walk around the lake, cross over the bridge and climb up to Bai Ta. → Lingling suggested that _______. 5). Lingling: The air is very clear today. → Lingling said that ___________. 6). Lingling: Why don’t we go to one of our national parks to relax? → Lingling suggested that ________. We should walk around… the air was clear that day they went to one of their….
7. Tony: It’s very noisy here! → Tony said that _____________. 8. Tony: Have you got your camera with you? → Tony asked Daming __________. 9.Becky said, “Be quiet.” Becky told us ___________________. it was very noisy there if he had got his camera with me to be quiet.
1). She said she was sorry. Teacher: ______________________. 2). She asked me what was the matter. Teacher: ______________________. 3). She asked if she could help me. Teacher: _______________________. 2. Write what Sally and her teacher said or Tony and his father said. “I am sorry” “What’s the matter?” “Can I help you?”
4).I said my hand and arm were hurting. Sally: __________________________. 5).She told me to get some rest and get better soon. Teacher: _________________________. 6).I told Dad I wanted to watch the football match. Tony: _______________________. “My hand and arm are hurting. “Get some rest and get better soon”
7). He said he was busy and he couldn’t take me. Tony’s Dad: ___________________. 8). He asked me if I could go with Daming. Tony’s Dad: ___________________. 9). He asked if I wanted any money. Tony’s Dad: _________________. “I’m busy and I can’t take you” “ Can you go with Daming?” “Do you want any money?”
10). I told him not to worry. Tony: _______________________. 11). He told me to watch it, and tell him the result. Tony’s Dad: ___________________. “Don’t worry.” “Watch it and tell me the result.
4. Choose the correct word to complete the sentences. 1. Wu Guangzong painted / found the Wulingyuan Scenic area.. 2. There wasn’t a bridge, so we climbed / jumped over the river.
3. There isn’t a road, so you can’t drive there, but you can walk along the river/ path. 4. Something unusual happened yesterday. It was a strange / safe experience. 5. We climbed / fell up to the top of the mountain. 6. Don’t worry / relax. It isn’t dangerous.
5.Complete the passage with the correct form of the words in the box. air around bird clear climb cross phone shout quiet It was very quiet in the park. It was early in the morning and the only sound was the (1) _____ singing. There weren’t any people (2) ________ and there weren’t any (3) _______ birds’ phones shouting
ringing. There were no children or dogs running around. The sky was blue, and the (4) _____was very (5) ______ and fresh. We walked (7) _______ the lake and then (8) _______ the small bridge and (9) ______up the mountain. Although we walked a long way, we felt very happy. air clear around crossed climbed
1. What are the boy and his friends going to go? 2. How many people are there in the group? 3. How does the boy feel about the holiday? 4. How does his mother feel about it? 5. Has the company taken groups to the mountains before? 6.Listen and answer the questions. 1.They are going to climb in the mountain. 2.There are fifteen in the group. 3.He feels excited 4.She feels worried. 5.Yes, it is.
Last summer we visited Yellowstone National Park. (1) It is very beautiful. We wanted to see the beautiful views(2) there. (3) It is oldest national park in the world. Visitors must be careful not to leave food in their tents at night 7.Read the passage and decide what the underlined words refer to.
because there are bears in the park and (4) they might come into the tent to eat (5) it. Answers: (1). Yellowstone National Park (2). Yellowstone National Park (3). Yellowstone National Park (4). bears (5). food
The Lake District National Park Around the world The Lake District National Park is in the north of England, and it’s the biggest of England’s national parks. It’s very big, with hills and lakes and forests.
Most visitors enjoy walking around the lakes or climbing up into the mountains. The highest mountain in England is in the Lake District National Park. On a clear day, you can see a long way from the top of the mountain.
Walkers have to be careful because the weather can change suddenly, especially in the mountains. The Lake District is popular with artists who like to paint the beautiful countryside.
8. Work in pairs. Think about an adventure holiday and answer the questions.
1. Where is it? 2. What can you do there? camping, climbing... 3. When can you go? 4. How many people are there in each group? 5. How long do they stay? 6. What have people said about their holiday?
9.Write a leaflet about the holiday. Use your answers to the questions in Activity above and the plan below to help you. Come to... for your holiday. You can... You’ll be in a group of... people. You’ll stay for... days. The holiday is very enjoyable. This is what other people have said…