Where is water located on Earth Oceans Lakes Springs Rivers Streams Ponds Waterfalls Ground water
Distributions of Water on Earth There is 3% fresh water on the earth’s surface and 97% of the worlds water is salt water. Of the 3% of the fresh water 0.9% is other, ground water is 30.1% and ice caps and glaciers is 68.7%. Of the 0.9% of other 2% is rivers, 11% is swamps and 87% is lakes.
How much water is available on Earth? Approximately 1,385 million cubic kilometers of water is on earth. Only 2.5% is fresh water that can be used for plants, animals & humans. 90% of fresh water is not readily available.
Where is water stored Water is stored in the ice caps, glaciers, clouds, lakes, soil, moisture, streams, and in the ground.
Water On The Move Gravity keeps water moving down. This is why watersheds and aquifers don’t just stay there. Groundwater moves underground until it hits a river or even an ocean. It moves in between rocks, dirt and sand. Sometimes it seeps out of the ground and becomes surface water. 6
How much water on Earth is available for human consumption 97.5 percent of all water on Earth is salt water, leaving 2.5% of Freshwater. <1% of the World’s Freshwater (~0.007% of all water on Earth) is accessible for human uses. 7