We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMarjory Grant
Modified over 7 years ago
1. An electron has a __________ charge. Negative
2. Protons have a __________ charge. positive
3. Neutrons have a _________ charge. neutral
4. Where is most of the mass found in an atom? nucleus
5. What subatomic particles are found in the nucleus of an atom? Protons & neutrons
6. Where are electrons likely to be found in an atom? Electron cloud
7. Most of atom is __________ space where electrons are found. empty
8. The periodic table organized elements by Atomic number
9. The atomic number is the number of protons
10. Elements in which group are poor conductors of heat and electricity? nonmetals
11. What are isotopes? Atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons.
12. What is mass number? The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom.
13. What is an element? Pure substance that cannot be broken down into any simpler substances.
14. The periodic table is mostly made of _________. metals
15. How do you get the mass number? Round the average atomic mass to the nearest whole number.
16. What determines an element’s identity? protons
17. Which part of the atom is shared, gained, or lost when forming a chemical bond? electrons
18. What is the atomic number of potassium? 19
19. What is the atomic mass of Calcium? 40.08
20. What is the mass number of iron? 56
21. How many protons does Silicon have? 14
22. How many neutrons does Argon have? 22
23. How many electrons does Phosphorus have? 15
24. A small particle that makes up matter is called ___________. an atom
25. What are valence electrons? Electrons in the outermost energy level
Atoms Chapter 2, Section 1.
Structure of an Atom.
Bellringer Write down 5 things you know about atoms.
Biochemistry I: Chemistry Basics. I. Basic Concepts/Vocabulary:
Atoms Matter Lecture #2. I. Structure of the Atom A. There are 3 main parts the the atom (subatomic particles) 1. Proton (+): has a positive charge and.
Structure of an Atom. What Is an Atom? An atom is often referred to as the building block of matter. Atoms have a nucleus surrounded by an electron cloud.
Atomic Mass & Number Isotopes The Periodic Table.
Subatomic Particles and Isotopes. Subatomic Particles Protons- Positively Charged Protons- Positively Charged Located in the nucleus Located in the nucleus.
Atoms 8.5A The student is expected to describe the structure of atoms, including the masses, electrical charges, and locations, of protons and neutrons.
Atoms and the Periodic Table. Atoms are the basic building blocks of all matter. Atoms are the basic building blocks of all matter. Atoms are made up.
Atomic Model. Matter Anything that has mass and volume –Mass the amount of particles making up a substance –Volume is the amount of space taken up by.
Twenty Questions Atoms and Periodic Table Review.
ATOMS Basic building blocks of matter. –Atoms make up everything (that has mass and takes up space).
Matter & The Atom. Matter The term matter describes all of the physical substances around us Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space The Universe.
STRUCTURE OF THE ATOM.
Atomic Structure lecture 4.1. Atomic structure Small, dense nucleus Protons: (+) charge Neutrons : (0) no charge Electrons: (-) charge # Protons = # electrons.
Atomic Structure Chm Matter MixturesPure Substances.
© 2022 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.