Presentation on theme: "It’s Not That Easy Becoming a Church That Heals. Ephesians 4:25-32 25 Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,""— Presentation transcript:
Ephesians 4:25-32 25 Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another. 26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
1. Acceptance Romans 15:7 “Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.”
2. Worship Colossians 3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”
3. Transparency James 5:16 “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
4. Uplifting edify one another1 st Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.”
5. Compassion 1 st Peter 3:8 “Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous” Compassion: To suffer with Tenderhearted: Kind-hearted Courteous: Friendly + Showing understanding, kindness -or- Some translations: Humble-minded
6. Forbearance Ephesians 4:2 “With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love” NLT: “Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.”
7. Forgiveness Ephesians 4:32 “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.”
8. Encouragement Hebrews 10:25 “Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” (NAS95) Encourage: To call alongside
9. Thought Hebrews 10:24 “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works” Consider: To fix one’s mind on, to consider attentively
10. Love 1 st Peter 4:8 “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for ‘love will cover a multitude of sins.’”