We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMadeline Hernandez
Modified over 5 years ago
SHARING THE VISION
THINKING SKILLS HABITS OF MIND COGNITIVE TASKS THAT DEMAND SKILLFUL THINKING EFFECTIVE THINKING REQUIREMENTS: CONTENT THINKING SKILLS
. Stick to it! 1. PERSISTING Persevering on a task even though the resolution is not immediately apparent.
2. MANAGING IMPULSIVITY Take your time! Acting with forethought and deliberation.
3. LISTENING WITH UNDERSTANDING AND EMPATHY Understand others! Devoting mental energies to understanding others thoughts and feelings.
4. THINKING FLEXIBLY: 4. THINKING FLEXIBLY Look at it another way! Changing perspectives, generating alternatives, considering options.
Think about your thinking! 5. METACOGNITION Being aware of your own thoughts, feelings, and actions and their effects of on others
6. STRIVING FOR ACCURACY Check it again! Desiring exactness, fidelity and craftsmanship.
7. QUESTIONING AND POSING PROBLEMS How do you know? Having a questioning attitude. Developing strategies to produce needed data. Finding problems to solve.
8. APPLYING PAST KNOWLEDGE TO NEW SITUATIONS Use what youve learned! Accessing prior knowledge and transferring it to novel situations.
Think Clearly! Striving for accurate communication in written and oral form. 9. THINKING AND COMMUNICATING WITH CLARITY AND PRECISION
10. GATHERING DATA THROUGH ALL SENSES Using all sensory pathways: gustatory, olfactory, tactile, kinesthetic, auditory, visual. Use your natural pathways!
11. CREATING, IMAGINING, INNOVATING Try a different way! Generating new and novel ideas; fluency, originality.
12. RESPONDING WITH WONDERMENT AND AWE Awesome! Finding the world fascinating, mysterious, intriguing and phenomenal.
13. TAKING RESPONSIBLE RISKS Venture Out! Being adventuresome. Living on the edge of one's competence
14. FINDING HUMOR Laugh a little! Finding whimsy, incongruity and playfulness. Laughing at yourself.
15. THINKING INTERDEPENDENTLY Work together! Working with and learning from others in reciprocal situations.
16. REMAINING OPEN TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING Having humility and pride in admitting there is more to learn. Resisting complacency. Continue to learn!
Teaching Of Habits of Mind Activities
Stages of Development zLiteracy zRecognition zPersonalizing zPrediction zReflection zInternalizing zHabituating
zLearning activities followed by feedback to group. zAlternate activities on Break out Tables zBuilding Collective Understandings
An Integrated Learning Model for High School Students
Habits of the mind.
YEAR 8 AT MARIAN COLLEGE. YEAR 7 Multiple Intelligences approach to curriculum Each person is able to learn All humans are born with eight different intelligences.
HABITS OF MIND.
Finding the Relevance of Dimensions of Learning (DOL)
HABITS OF SUCCESS IN SCHOOL, WORK AND LIFE. Things are more like they are today than they ever have been. DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER.
A Critical Thinker is… Someone who uses specific criteria to evaluate reasoning and make decisions.
Ð BUILDING A MORE THOUGHT-FULL LEARNING COMMUNITY WITH HABITS OF MIND.
Dr. Hilary Fletcher United States Military Academy West Point, NY Department of Mathematical Sciences Developing Our Students’ Habits of Mind.
A Holistic View of Education and Schooling: Guiding Students to Develop Capacities, Acquire Virtues, and Provide Service William G. Huitt Valdosta State.
College Readiness Beth Smith, Vice President Dan Crump, North Representative Nov. 8, 2012 ASCCC Fall Plenary.
Persisting Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but they never quit. Conrad Hilton Stick to it!
Habits of Mind Having a disposition toward behaving intelligently when confronted with problems, which can be any stimulus, question, task, phenomenon.
Welcome to Roxboro Road Middle School! A Community that embraces the Habits of Mind.
CS 695: Doctoral Seminar Instructor: Shangping Ren.
Academic Character Posters for Roxboro Road Middle School
Jeopardy Review Accommodations for LD students Bloom’s Taxonomy Maslow’s Hierarchy UBD Habits of Mind $100 $200 $300 $400 $200 $300 $400.
Module 5: “Alignment to Standards. Instructional Practices.
AAT Secondary Two “Begin with an end in mind” Steven Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People 1Prepared by Mrs Susan Chang.
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.