7 is the number for Spiritual Perfection. 8 is the number of Super- abundance, and is related to resurrection, regeneration and new beginnings.
We have been given Superabundant gifts by God the Father to bring about our Spiritual Perfection through the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Eph 3:20, “Now to him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.”
1) Vs. 4, The perfect provision of God’s Plan for our Salvation.
1) Vs. 4, The perfect provision of God’s Plan for our Salvation. 2) Vs. 7, The perfect provision of our Logistical Grace blessings.
3) Vs. 9, The perfect provision of prayer to the Father.
3) Vs. 9, The perfect provision of prayer to the Father. 4) Vs. 11, The perfect protection of God the Father by His Essence.
5) Vs. 12, The perfect protection of God the Son by His Word.
5) Vs. 12, The perfect protection of God the Son by His Word. 6) Vs. 22, The perfection of Glorification, being made holy.
7) Vs. 24a, The perfect provision of Eternal security.
7) Vs. 24a, The perfect provision of Eternal security. 8) Vs 24b, The perfect provision of a Resurrection body and life.
2 Cor 9:8, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.”
James 1:17, “Every good gift given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”
Mat 7:11, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!”
1) The Gift of God’s Plan for our Salvation. Eph 2:8-10
Eph 2:8-9, “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
2) The Gift of Logistical Grace Blessings. 2 Cor 9:9-11
3) The Gift of Prayer to the Father John 16:26-27; Luke 11:11-13; Rom 8:26-27
John 16:26, “In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf; 27 for the Father Himself loves you….”
Rom 8:26-27, “In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”
4) The Gift of Protection by the Essence of God the Father. 1 Peter 1:3, 5
1 Peter 1:3, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused (given to) us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,… 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
5) The Gift of Protection by God the Son, by His Word. Rev 3:10
Rev 3:10, “Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep (TEREO) you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.”
6) The Gift of Glorification, being made holy. Rom 3:23-24
Rom 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.”
Eph 1:13, “In Him, you also, after listening to the message (Word) of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
8) The Gift of a Resurrection body and life. Rom 6:23; 1 Cor 11:38, 57
Rom 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
1 Cor 15:38, 57, “But God gives it a (Resurrection) body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own. … 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
1 Peter 1:3-9 summarizes many of these grace gifts.
Mat 6:1-4, “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”
Grace Fellowship Church Sunday, June 17, 2012 Tape # 12-068 Good Gifts Given to Us by our Heavenly Father Great High Priestly Prayer, Part 116 John 17:24, Eph 2:8-9; 3:20: 1 Peter 1:3-9 James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2012