We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byBrent Morris
Modified over 7 years ago
Countable and uncountable nounsTwenty Questions Countable and uncountable nouns
Twenty Questions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
1. Is fruit a countable or an uncountable noun?
2. Is news a countable noun?No, it isn’t. It is an uncountable noun
3. What question word do you use to ask about a countable noun?How many
4. And to ask about uncountable nouns?How much
5. Some cheese or a cheese? some cheese
6. There is __ orange on the table.There is an orange on the table.
Complete. There are ____ green olives.There are some green olives
8. Order this sentence books table on many the there how are?How many books are there on the table?
9. Can you use some in a negative sentence?No, you can’t.
10. Complete. I don’t have ______ money.I don’t have any money
Complete. Do they have _____dogs?Do they have any dogs?
12. Change this sentence into negativeThere is some water on the table There isn’t any water on the table.
13. Uncountable nouns have no _____plural
Chocolate, coffee, ice cream and yoghurt are both countable and __uncountable
15. Order this sentence need buy to we loaf bread a ofWe need to buy a loaf of bread
Complete Would you like _____ coffee?Some / a cup of
Complete How ____ rice do we have left?How much rice do we have left?
Translate How much money do we have left?Quants diners ens queden?
19. People is the plural of _____ .person
Is information countable or uncountable?
Count nouns one bananas Two bananas Four bananas.
Talking about quantity
Lunch is nearly finished in the snack bar. What food and drink is left? Make sentences. There is some ice cream. There are some onions. There is a sandwich.
COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
Hungry Giant: What food do you like? There is/There are …
Countable nouns Things I can count
How much / How many By: Sulaiman Al Mohawes
Countable nouns & Uncountable nouns
Some [determiner and pronoun] indicates an indefinite quantity of something: I’d like some bread, please. · Let me give you some advice. · The peaches.
CUISINE Laura López Cabezas February, WARM-UP.
To Like or not to like? I like…. I love… I don’t mind… + ing I hate … I like…. I love… I don’t mind… + ing I hate …
Noun phrases Primary 4.
REVISION ON. Countable nouns are nouns which can be counted and can be in the singular or the plural. If it is singular we use a /an before the noun.
EGGS WATER SUGAR CHEESE FLOUR.
Module Tutor: Jan Martin, Larry Brown Name: Mayada Alharbi p
Yummy food Chapter 3, Book 3B Primary Longman Express.
Квітковська Ольга Анатоліївна вчитель англійської мови СЗОШ І-ІІІ ступенів № 2 м. Яготина.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.