Presentation on theme: "“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” “Now you are."— Presentation transcript:
“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” “Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” (1 Cor. 12:13, 27, NIV)
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30, NIV)
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Cor. 10:31, NIV)
“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20, NIV)
“Everything else in life can wait, but the search for God cannot wait.” -George Harrison (in Rolling Stone )
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1, NIV)
1. Live Righteously “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27 NIV)
1. Live Righteously “Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.” (1 Pet. 2:12, NIV)
2. Submit to Christ “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
2. Submit to Christ And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
2. Submit to Christ that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil. 2:5-11 NIV)
3. Love Others “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Phil. 2:4, NIV)
3. Love Others “And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!” (Phil. 2:8 NIV)
4. Practice Christian Unity “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 15:5-6 NIV)
4. Practice Christian Unity “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel.” (Phil. 1:27 NIV)
“If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like- minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Phil. 2:1–4, NIV)
“Do everything without complaining or arguing,” (Philippians 2:14, NIV) 1. Embrace Your Christian Identity 2. Live Your Christian Identity
“…I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” (Matt. 16:18, KJV) I MPORTANT T RUTH : T HE P URPOSES OF THE C HURCH ARE OURS TO D ISCOVER, NOT D EVISE.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself…” (Mark 12:30-31 NIV) T HE G REAT C OMMANDMENTS -
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…” (Matt. 28:19-20 NIV) T HE G REAT C OMMISSION -
“Leading people to a growing relationship with Christ.” O UR M ISSION S TATEMENT
1.To Exalt Christ 2.To Encourage Spiritual Friendships 3.To Evangelize the Lost 4.To Edify for Growth 5.To Equip for Ministry