Q1: Which of the following is true? A.Copacabana is close to a century old. B.All beaches are not far away from downtown Rio. C.To take a bus back to downtown Rio is not a good idea after a long time in the sun on the beach of Princess of the Sea
Q2: The best time to visit Rio de Janeiro is___. Janeiro is___. ____ is also good because of ____ is also good because of ___. ___. A.in June and July because it is the summer time in Rio; March; Carnival B. in June and July because it is winter in Rio; March; a festival in celebration of the sun. C. in June and July because it is cold in Rio; March; a famous festival
Q1: What can tourists do in Kitzbuhel? Q2: What kind of place is Kitzbuhel? go skiing; try downhill slopes; watch downhill race; take a walk around a paradise for skiers ; good weather and breath-taking scenery; enjoy a variety of entertainment; a lively mix of old village culture and the excitement of an international tourist area.
Downtown Rio-----the city’s cultural & historical heart & the perfect place for a walk as well A walk through downtown is a history lesson & an adventure. many tall office buildings-- -an important commercial city
BrazilAustria On the coast of Atlantic Ocean In southern Austria Big hearts and friendliness Friendliness Downtown Rio, Copacabana, Carnival World-class ski resort, old village culture June or July winter
1.Why do many people spend much time and money on trips? A.They have enough time and money. B. they have the strong desire to travel. C. there are many places of interest in the world. D. they have nothing to do
2. Which statement is true according to the text? A. Rio de Janeiro is on the west coast of Brazil. B. The ski schools are very expensive in Kitzbuhel. C. the altitude of Kitzbuhel brings much snow every year. D. Copacabana was built one hundred years ago.
3. In the text, “we get the itch for traveling “ probably means ___________. A.We have enough time to travel B. we have a strong desire to travel C. we want to travel D. we spend so much time and money on trips
4. The best season for people to visit Rio is _______________ A.Spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter 5. What can visitors not do in Kitzbuhel? A.Swim B. Dive C. Dance D. Ski
6. Which of the following suggestions is reasonable for a Chinese who wants to travel? A.Going to Rio for the world famous festival,Carnival, in June. B. Having a walk in downtown Copacabana. C. going to Austria for the most challenging skiing in winter. D. doing nothing but skiing in Kitzbuhel.
1. Read the passage at least three times; 2. Finish Exx in Practising on P111; Homework
a feast for the eyes A walk through downtown Rio is a history lesson. Downtown Rio is the city’s cultural and historical heart, if walking in downtown Rio, you can see some old buildings and churches … should you have enough energy left (have a lot of) pleasant (things )to look at if you are not tired