Presentation on theme: "Getting started on informaworld™ How do I register with informaworld™? What do I do if I forget my password? My institution does not subscribe to any journals,"— Presentation transcript:
Getting started on informaworld™ How do I register with informaworld™? What do I do if I forget my password? My institution does not subscribe to any journals, can I still use informaworld™?My institution does not subscribe to any journals, can I still use informaworld™? How do I update my account details? How can I get the best out of informaworld™? How do I conduct a quick search? How do I browse by subject? How do I browse by publication? How do I browse by author? How do I browse by subject area? How do I conduct an advanced search? How do I save searches? How do I view a book chapter, a journal or an encyclopedia article? What alerting services are available to me? How do I manage my own alerts? How do I subscribe to RSS feeds? How do I sign up for eUpdates? How do I create publication lists? How do I recommend an article/journal to my students or colleagues?How do I recommend an article/journal to my students or colleagues? How do I obtain an online sample of a journal? How do I purchase an article? How do I publish with you? Who do I contact with any questions or for further support?Who do I contact with any questions or for further support? Table of Contents:
2. Choose Personal Registration. How do I register with informaworld ? 1. Click on Register. 3. Complete the online form with your details. Next
4. You will receive an email with a summary of your account details. Back to Menu 5. Click on the activation link in the email to activate your account.
What do I do if I forget my password? 1.Go to the informaworld webpage and click on Sign In. 2. Click on the Forgotten Password link. Next
4. You will receive an email providing you with a reminder of your current Username and Password. Back to Menu 3. Type in your email address and/or your username.
My institution does not subscribe to any journals, can I still use informaworld ? You can use our alerting services, request sample copies and sign up for e-updates. You can also search and browse journals and their abstracts, eBooks and reference works on informaworld for free. It is also possible to buy individual online articles and take out personal subscriptions to journals. Back to Menu Please note: You will need to subscribe to the individual journal, book or reference work in order to read the full articles. You will also need a subscription to search and browse within our abstract databases..
How do I update my account details? Your details are available to update at any time, along with your alerts, marked lists and saved searches. 1. Log into My Account. 2. Click on Edit Details. Next
4. Save your Changes. Click on the Update Account button. 3. Make your changes, e.g. a new email address, etc. Back to Menu
1. Type in your keyword here. How do I conduct a quick search? 2. To search by a specific component, simply select one of the options listed in the drop down menu. Next
3. Once you have added your search criteria, press GO. 4. Select your item from the results displayed Back to Menu
How do I browse by subject? Back to Menu 1. Go to the Browse Subjects section. 2. Select your subject and click the drop down menu to view all contents within that category. 3. Click here to visit the subject feature page
How do I browse by publication? 1. Go to the Browse Publications section. 3. Use our A-Z system to facilitate your search. Next 2. Select one of the following; eBooks, Journals, Abstract Databases, etc.
Select the first two initials of the title you are looking for, e.g.: “An”, if you are looking for Anthropological Forum. 4. A list of all publications beginning with the letters “An” will appear on screen. Back to Menu
2. Use our A-Z system to facilitate your search by author. 3. Select the author and click on the content displayed: book chapter, encyclopedia entry, etc. 1. Click on the Authors Tab. How do I browse by author? Back to Menu
2. Click on Go. The subject page of your choice will then be displayed. 1. Go to Explore and select one of the subject areas listed in the drop down menu. Back to Menu How do I browse by subject area?
How do I conduct an advanced search? 1.To conduct an advanced search, go to the Advanced Search option on your main menu. 2. There are 3 advanced searching tabs. Clicking on Advanced Search provides you with a range of searching options including: Advanced Search, Citation Search and Cross Reference Search. Next Please note that the advanced search is for articles rather than publications
i) Advanced Search: Search by keywords in articles, authors, publication names and/or types of publications. There are further search options for our range of abstract databases. It is also possible to search by article/chapter title, author, DOI, full text, keyword(s), publication name, ISSN or ISBN. ii) Citation Search: Find an article based on its citation details. Next
iii) Cross reference: Find results for Taylor & Francis publications as well as those from other selected publisher members of CrossRef. The search is powered by Google. iv) This tab helps you keep track of your recent searches. Back to Menu
1. The search will show you all articles and publications matching your criteria. You can either select all the options or just choose one article. Click on Save this Search. 2. You will have the option of receiving a weekly email alert displaying your results. Back to Menu 3. Click on Create. How do I save searches?
How do I view a book chapter, a journal article or an encyclopedia article? 1.Choose your article or chapter. Next If you subscribe to, or have purchased a chapter or article, icons will indicate that you can view the item as a PDF or HTML.
2. Click on the PDF icon to download and view your article as a PDF. Back to Menu 3.Click on the HTML icon, the item will be displayed as HTML.
What alerting services are available to me? New Issue Alerts: New issues of journals within your chosen subject areas or journals will generate an alert. Publication Alerts: New publications within your chosen subject areas will generate an alert. Citation Alerts: New citations of your chosen articles, chapters or records will generate an alert. eBook Series Alerts: New eBooks in your chosen series will generate an alert. iFirst alerts: Receive alerts on new early publication articles in your field, once they have been accepted for publication. Database Alerts: New records added to your chosen databases will generate an alert. Reference Work Alerts: New records added to your chosen reference works will generate an alert. Search Alerts: Displays your saved searches. Back to Menu
How do I manage my own alerts? 1.Choose a publication or article, and click on the Alert icon. Next Please note: You will need to be signed into your account in order to do this.
2. Select the type of Alert you are interested in, e.g. New Issue Alert. Next
5. Use the left hand menu to view other alerts. 3. Click on View Alerts for an overview of all previously created alerts. Back to Menu 4. Click on the links to view new issue alerts.
How do I subscribe to RSS feeds? Search for the journal for which you would like to receive RSS feeds. 1. Click on the RSS feed icon. Back to Menu
How do I sign up for eUpdates? 1.On the informaworld™ homepage click on the journal icon to access the main journal site. 2. Within the Online Services section, click on the eUpdates link. Next
3. Complete the form with your personal details. 4. Select your area of interest. 5. Submit your form. Back to Menu
How do I create publication lists? 1. Choose the journal, article, abstract, etc. and click the Mark check box. 2. Return to My Account. Next Please note: You will need to be signed in into your account in order to do this.
3. Click on My Marked Lists. The titles and number of items added will be displayed here. 4. View the titles added to your list here. Back to Menu
How do I recommend an article/journal to my students or colleagues? 1. Click on the Recommend icon. 2. A short webform will appear on screen. 3. Enter the name and email address of the person to whom you would like to recommend the article/journal. Click on Recommend. Back to Menu
How do I obtain an online sample of a journal? 1.Search for the journal for which you would like to obtain an online sample. 2. Click on the Online Sample link. 3. To receive 30 days free trial of this journal, click here. An on screen message will confirm that your access has been activated. Back to Menu In order to receive this sample, you will need to have an informaworld account and be signed in.
How do I purchase articles? Next Find the article you would like to purchase. 2. Click on Add to Cart if there are any more items/articles you wish to purchase. 1. Buy your article. Click on Buy now.
3. Automatically you’ll be redirected to a secure server where you can make your payment. Next 4. Fill in your credit card details.
5. A summary of your order will appear on screen. Back to Menu A purchase summary/receipt email will be sent to your registered email address. The article will be available to download immediately, and you will have access to download from the site for 72 hours. 6. Click on Complete Purchase to confirm your order.
How do I publish with you? 1. Go to the Publish With Us section. 2. Click on the link that best reflects your needs. For further details and instructions on how to submit your work, click on the links highlighted in blue. Back to Menu
Any Questions? Further Support? Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org Back to Menu