* Online and offline purchase data * Supermarket savings cards * White pages * Surveys * Sweepstakes and contest entries * Financial records * Property records * U.S. Census records * Motor vehicle data The behavior and likelihood of you purchasing a product targeted through these outlets… * Automatic number information * Credit card transactions and credit record * Phone records * Product Warranty Cards * The sale of magazine and catalog subscriptions
1 Consumer ID 2 Deterministic Demographic Data 3 Probabilistic Demographic Data 4 Product Preference Data
* The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. THE 4 TH AMMENDMENT & WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU?
* Pay with cash * Do not give stores your email * Do not use store cards * Sensor your computers No Target Zone
* http://www.phila.gov/contact/ http://www.phila.gov/contact/ * Mail * Email * Call * Contact mayor Michael Nutter specifically here: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact your community leader!
* "Consumers out in Force against Targeted Online Ads." EurActiv. Web. 17 Apr. 2012.. * Eldering, Charles A. "Charles A. Eldering, Ph.D." Technology, Patents & Licensing, Inc. Web. 17 Apr. 2012.. * "EPIC - Electronic Privacy Information Center." EPIC. Web. 17 Apr. 2012.. * "The Fourth Amendment." About.com Civil Liberties. Web. 17 Apr. 2012.. * "United States Patent Eldering." Web. 17 Apr. 2012..