subjects English Chinese Maths Geography PE Art Music
facilities ( 设施 ) a small playground a small library teaching buildings
a school trip after-school activities play chess
Debate Your likes and dislikes Side A I like … Why? Side B I don’t like… Why? school day start\ finish time, school lunch, playground, classroom, teacher, uniform, school trip, subject, sports
1. What time does your school day start? 2. Do you think this is too late or too early? 3. What time does your school day finish? 4. Do you think this is too early or too late? 5. How long is your lunchtime? Make dialogues
6. Do you like to wear uniform? Y/N 7. Why? 8. Do you think your school is a good one? Y/N 9. Why? 10. Do you like to go on school trip? Y/N 11.How often? 12. Where do you like to go?
13. What subjects do you like best? Subjects □ Art □ Chinese □ Computer Studies □ English □ Geography □ History □ Home Economics □ Maths □ Science
What sports do you like best? Sports □ Badminton □ Baseball □ Basketball □ Football □ Softball □ Swimming □ Table tennis □ Tennis □ Volleyball
What after-school activities do you like best? After-school activities □ Art Club □ Chess Club □ Cooking lessons □ Drama Club □ Driving lessons □ Film Club □ Reading Club □ Drawing Club □ Singing Group
MondayTuesday Wednes -day Thurs- day Friday 11:10- 11:55 1:00- 1:40 1:50- 2:30 2:45- 4:00 Chinese Computer History Activities
Start time Finish time Lunchtime □ 7 a.m □ 3 p.m □ fifteen minutes □ 7:30 a.m □ 3:30 p.m □ half an hour □ 8 a.m □ 4 p.m □ an hour □ 8:30 a.m □ 4:30 p.m □ one hour and a half □ 9 a.m □ 5 p.m □ two hours √ √ √ My ideal school a tick(√) Listen to the tape. Put a tick(√) in the correct boxes.
Lessons □ Maths □ English □ Computer Studies □ PE □ Art √ √
My ideal school I like to get up late, so my ideal school starts at 9 a.m. It finishes at 3 p.m. So we will have lots of time for after- school activities.
We have an hour for lunch. There is a big dining hall. We can eat lunch and chat there. We can also listen to pop music in the hall. We eat fruit and vegetables every day.
We have Maths every day because I think Maths is very interesting. I love computers so we have Computer Studies every day before lunch. We wear school uniforms, but we do not wear ties. The classes are quite small. There are about 15 students in each class.
My ideal school has a park on one side and a shopping mall on the other.We have a big library with lots of useful books. We also have a tennis court and a swimming pool.
There are lots of clubs and after- school activities. We only have half an hour of homework every day, and we do not do homework at weekends. Every month, we go on a school trip to a museum or a theatre.
Questions 1. Where can Daniel eat lunch? In a big dining hall. 2. What else can Daniel do at lunchtime? He can listen to pop music and chat.
3. Does Daniel want to wear a tie every day? No, he doesn’t. 4. How many students are there in each class? About 15 students.
5. Does Daniel do his homework at weekends? No, he doesn’t. 6. How often does Daniel go on a school trip? Every month. 7. Where does Daniel like to go? He likes to go to a museum or a theatre.
Report Daniel’s ideal school school day start time9 a.m school day finish time3 p.m lunchtimean hour subjectsMaths and computer
facilities( 设施 ) park, library,tennis court, swimming pool, shopping mall after-school activities school trip