Presentation on theme: "INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION FRAMEWORK NATIONAL TARGETED PROGRAM FOR NEW RURAL DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT Prepared by Mr.Tăng."— Presentation transcript:
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION FRAMEWORK NATIONAL TARGETED PROGRAM FOR NEW RURAL DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT Prepared by Mr.Tăng Minh Lộc Director General – Cooperative and Rural Development Department
SELECTION OF COOPERATION PRIORITIES Forms of assistance - Technical assistance: experiences, technology, training - Loans: for the whole/part of the national targeted program for NRD in some provinces or nationwide, developing models in some provinces, creating favorable conditions for enterprises. The sectors Vietnam is facing difficulties in resources and experiences. In line with donors’ targets.
1 Raising NRD awareness and knowledge for leaders and commune communities Activities to implement the programDevelopment partnership - Training operation staff at Central, provincial and district levels. - Preparing the set of documents and manuals on new rural development for steering staff at provincial, district and commune levels, and the communities. - Introducing, persuading and training knowledge of NRD and civilized life by using television and radio. - Providing technical support for document preparation - Providing financial support for program operators and people’s awareness raising. - Supporting preparation of radio and television programs (especially, information for disadvantaged, mountainous and ethnic minority areas) - Supporting internet installation in rural areas. ISSUES FOR COOPERATION
2. Infrastructure development Activities to implement the program - The State provides partial funding for constructing such works as: village roads, inter-house group roads, electricity lines, houses, clean water works, village cultural houses, village and commune sports areas, waste water drainage and treatment systems. - Funding for especially difficult areas (districts 30a; communes and villages in program 135; river bar communes, Northwest region, west of South region, Central Highland) due to difficulties in mobilizing internal funding. - Eliminating temporary houses in rural areas
2. Infrastructure development Development partnership - Supporting for eliminating temporary houses. - Supporting for construction of essential infrastructure: village roads (mainly in Northwest region, west of South region, Central Highland); concentrated water plants, hydraulic works, village community houses (cultural houses), village sports areas… - Supporting for construction of boarding schools (also houses for teachers) in mountainous areas. - Supporting for enterprises to invest in rural infrastructure (the works of which the investments can be recovered through fees: markets, electricity lines, clean water systems, environmental treatment systems…).
3. Production development and income raising Activities to implement the program - Commune and village communities select potentials and develop “1 industry in 1 village”. - Investing in construction of proper and synchronic production infrastructure. - Supporting the poor in their production to eliminate poverty. - Training on knowledge related to production and market for rural workers. - Developing farmers’ voluntary economic organizations, farms, cooperative groups, cooperatives, links between farmers, scientists and other economic sectors in production, processing and consumption of agro-products - Developing and strengthening professional associations. - Insuring production (of some key crops and animals).
3. Production development and income raising Development partnership - Supporting production village development or dealing with problems related to infrastructure and environment of existing production villages. - Providing technical assistance for formulating policies related to public-private links, establishing effective models of cooperative groups and cooperatives. - Supporting vocational training for farmers (training, policies on promoting commune and village extension networks). - Supporting the production of the poor to eliminate poverty - Experiences relevant to establishment of strong professional associations to protect the member’s benefits and sustainable development in the context of integration.
4. Restructuring rural workforce Activities to implement the program - Promoting industrial and service development in agriculture and rural areas. - Vocational training (mainly for young people) to meet the demands for shifting to non- agricultural jobs. - Vocational training for labor export.
4. Restructuring rural workforce Development partnership - Supporting establishment of vocational training centres in especially difficult areas. - Supporting for trading promotion and enterprise introduction.
5. Rural environment Activities to implement the program - Cleaning household works (bathhouses, toilets, water tanks… (currently 30% ) - Improving and building waste water treatment systems of villages drainage (currently 12%). - Treating waste (currently 20% of communes have waste collection teams, 28% have concentrated treatment areas). - Supplying water for domestic use (currently 70%). - Developing public ponds, lakes and trees in villages. - Planning and managing cemetery yards (currently 10%). - Establishing production structure, plan and arrange residence to adapt to climate change
5. Rural environment Development partnership - Supporting for improvement and development of all 3 hygiene works in households. - Supporting for biogas development (every livestock raising household uses biogas). - Supporting for concentrated clean water supply systems (head plants and water pipes to centres of villages), mainly in difficult communes. - Supporting for garbage treatment “every commune has a sanitary waste treatment area”, mainly in delta and suburban communes. - Supporting for developing economic-ecological village model (1 commune in 1 province). - Providing experiences in management and protection of rural environment. - Supporting climate change adaptation activities (which affect agriculture and rural areas)
6. Culture Activities to implement the program - Recovering and promoting good cultural traditions of every ethnic group and area (architecture, production, music). - Promoting performance and sports movement.
6. Culture Development partnership - Supporting for building cultural villages typical for each ethnic group or area (planning, architecture, construction, rehabilitation). - Supporting for developing models of sports villages, singing villages in some areas. - Experience in management of mountainous traditional culture.