We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published byGyles Walker
Modified over 5 years ago
Quiz 2 Measures of central tendency Measures of variability
a) arithmetic mean b) median c) mode d) midrange1. Which measure of central tendency divides a sample into two parts of equal size (i.e., n/2)? a) arithmetic mean b) median c) mode d) midrange
2.What is the coefficient of variation for a test with mean 25 and SD 10?b) 10% c) 25% d) 2.5%
3. Compute the z-score for a test score of 35 from a test that had a mean of 50 and SD of 10.b) 3.5 c) -3.5 d) -1.5
4. Given a z-score of 1.20 what was the test score on a test with mean of 40 and SD of 12?b) 52.0 c) 54.4 d) 25.6
5. In normally distributed data approximately ____% of scores lie within +/–1 SD of the mean?
6. Which phrase best describes the following distribution?a) negatively skewed b) positively skewed c) normally distributed
7. What is the median of the following ordered list of numbers?23, 45, 66, 67, 68, 80, 102 a) 64.4 b) 66.5 c) 67.0 d) 67.5
8. Standard deviation is defined as the _________.a) square root of the variance b) square of the variance c) mean divided by the variance d) range divided by 2
Chapter 3 Properties of Random Variables
Exam One Review Quiz Psy302 Quantitative Methods.
Psy302 Quantitative Methods
Statistics 1: Introduction to Probability and Statistics Section 3-3.
DESCRIBING DATA: 2. Numerical summaries of data using measures of central tendency and dispersion.
B a c kn e x t h o m e Parameters and Statistics statistic A statistic is a descriptive measure computed from a sample of data. parameter A parameter is.
Measures of Spread The Range, Variance, and Standard Deviation.
Sullivan – Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data – 2 nd Edition – Chapter 3 Introduction – Slide 1 of 3 Topic 17 Standard Deviation, Z score, and Normal.
Measures of Dispersion CJ 526 Statistical Analysis in Criminal Justice.
Measures of Dispersion
Chapter 4 SUMMARIZING SCORES WITH MEASURES OF VARIABILITY.
Central Tendency and Variability Chapter 4. Central Tendency >Mean: arithmetic average Add up all scores, divide by number of scores >Median: middle score.
Quiz 5 Normal Probability Distribution.
July, 2000Guang Jin Statistics in Applied Science and Technology Chapter 4 Summarizing Data.
Measurement Tools for Science Observation Hypothesis generation Hypothesis testing.
MGQ 201 WEEK 4 VICTORIA LOJACONO. Help Me Solve This Tool.
Measures of Central Tendency On a quiz given to 5 students, the scores were as follows: 17, 19, 20, 22, 22 What is the mean? What is the median? What.
Descriptive Statistics Anwar Ahmad. Central Tendency- Measure of location Measures descriptive of a typical or representative value in a group of observations.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.