Presentation on theme: "AGREEMENT NUMBER – 2011 - 2736 / 001 - 001 - EMA3-PP Founding the Siberian Center of European Education (SCEE) Action 3 Promotion of European Higher Education."— Presentation transcript:
AGREEMENT NUMBER – 2011 - 2736 / 001 - 001 - EMA3-PP Founding the Siberian Center of European Education (SCEE) Action 3 Promotion of European Higher Education Duration: 2011-2014 ERASMUS MUNDUS
Coordinating organisations: UNIVERSITY OF MONTPELLIER 2, France BAIKAL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND LAW, Russian Federation Partners: ECOLE CENTRALE DE LILLE, France UNIVERSITY OF GENOVA, Italy ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY, Poland WARSAW SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS, Poland URAL STATE UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS, Russian Federation PACIFIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Russian Federation
Aims of the project Open the Siberian Centre of European Education (SCEE) which will bring together universities of Siberia and Europe for sharing and spreading European experience in the sphere of higher education on the territory of Siberia, the Urals and the Far East of the Russian Federation; Create joint education bodies (joint faculties and institutes) which will provide education corresponding to the maximal possible extent to the European model;
Aims of the project Develop educational materials, using the best study aids of the universities of the EU and Russia, including internet contents for distance learning; Spread the information about the existing opportunities for studying and conducting the scientific research in the EU and provide assistance in academic mobility of the most talented students and young researchers from the Siberian partner universities.
Main target groups higher educational institutions from the EU and Siberian part of Russia, academic staff, students and graduates in these institutions as well as future students, families, other stakeholders (societies, enterprises, governmental organizations, etc.) that often lack information on the existing opportunities of studying in Europe and the benefits of such experience.
Main activities and outputs Establishing joint programs with the EU universities (exchange education, joint master's degree programs, international summer schools, master classes, etc.); Creation of a data portal where the latest education proposals of the European partner universities and educational foundations, as well as the information about the progress of the project implementation are presented;
Main activities and outputs Organization of awareness-raising activities aimed at promotion of European education (European Education Days, education fairs, awareness-raising seminars, conferences on problems of international cooperation in education, etc.); Developing advanced training courses for teachers of Russian Federation universities in European partner universities.
LIST OF ACTIVITIES (1 year) 1. Coordination meeting at Université Montpellier 2 (France) Duration: November 14-17, 2011 Objectives: Ensuring coordination and manageability of the project, establishing cooperation mechanisms between the members of the consortium. Results: The project is well-coordinated and managed Partners / Persons involved in the activity: Persons responsible for the project within each partner-university
2. Creation of the office of the Siberian Center of European Education (SCEE) Duration: three months (with the start after the kick-off meeting) Objectives: representation of the interests of the consortium EU partners, coordination of the project activities, ensuring project’s sustainability, spread of the results of the project in Russia and in the Asia-Pacific Region and other Results: The office of the SCEE is opened and equipped Partners / Persons involved in the activity: Irkutsk university
3. Creation and maintenance of the Internet portal Duration: creation - three months (with the start after the kick-off meeting) Objectives: to make the information about the project (forthcoming and past events, the results of the work on the project, teaching materials, etc.) available to the main target groups (dissemination of project results and experiences) Partners: creation - Irkutsk university, information supply - all members of the consortium
3. Creation and maintenance of the Internet portal The following information will be put on the site: annual reports of the members of the consortium; results of the seminars and online versions of the reports; EU’s and Russia’s experts’ reports on the quality of the project; teaching materials developed within the framework of the project; access point to the distance learning portal; up-to-date information about new educational programs from the European and Russian partner-universities.
4. Preparation and approval of standardized documents regulating cooperation among the participants of the consortium Duration: 11.2011 – 07.2012 Objectives: Interuniversity agreements, which regulate relationships among the participants, will be drawn up and signed (cooperation agreements including conditions of mutual recognition of courses and periods of studies). Outputs: the acts and agreements of joint education are agreed upon and approved Partners: all members of the consortium Target groups: people in charge of the project and teachers
5. Development of teaching materials for joint educational programs (Bachelor and Master level). Duration: 11.2011 – 12.2012 Description: To support joint education, which will be provided at Russian partner universities, textbooks and teaching aids, published in English and Russian will be used. It is necessary that these teaching materials take account of the state education standards of Russia and peculiarities of academic programs of EU universities. The titles, contents, size of the textbooks will be determined during the coordination meetings, after joint curricula are agreed upon. Outputs: academic programs for joint education are worked out Target groups: teachers
6. Organizing advanced training courses in foreign languages (English, French) Duration: 12.2011 – 03.2012 Description: advanced training courses will be offered by Russian partner universities. The number of people in a group is 5; the duration of the courses is from 72 to 144 hours (depending on the teachers’ level of knowledge). Outputs: the first stage of advanced training courses in foreign languages is held Target groups: teachers from Russian partner universities
7. “Days of European Education” (education fair + workshop ) Venue: Irkutsk Dates: June 2012 (2+2 days) Description: We will open exhibitions, organize meetings of graduates of international programs, and hold an international conference devoted to the problems of international cooperation in the sphere of higher education. Leading experts from the EU and Russia in the area of higher education will be invited. The last two days we will hold the second coordination meeting.
7. “Days of European Education” (education fair + workshop ) Main purpose of the conference: to discuss problems of developing and launching joint education programs in Russia (double degree programs, recognition of documents on education, adaptation of Russian academic programs to European standards in the framework of the Bologna Process) and to give the European universities an opportunity to advertise their education programs in Baikal Region of Russia. During the workshop – to summarize the results of the project’s first year implementation and specify the plan of work for the second year in the framework of the project. Target groups: university entrants, students, teachers, representatives of the authorities and the community.
8. Beginning of the joint programs Duration: 10.2012 – 09.2014 Main objectives and relevant activities: Development, approval and implementation of academic programs in Russian universities (bachelor and master levels). Collective preparation of educational materials including internet contents for distance learning. Adjustment and testing of programs and equipment for distance learning among the partner universities of the EU and Russia. Outputs: Joint educational units (international faculties) are opened in Russian partner universities; the training is started. The first groups of students finish joint master’s programs. Target groups: teachers and students
LIST OF ACTIVITIES (2 year) 9. Training courses in fields of specialization offered by partner EU universities for Russian teachers Duration: 10.2012 Description: Advanced training courses in fields of specialization offered by partner universities for Russian teachers participating in the project. Outputs: The teachers of partner universities participating in the project have upgraded their skills Target groups: teachers from Russian and EU partner universities
10. “Days of European Education” (educational fair + coordination meeting 3) Venue: Yekaterinburg Dates: June 2013 (4 days) Description: Awareness-raising event aimed at enhancing attractiveness of European higher education with the same activities as they were for Irkutsk, i.e. opening of exhibitions, organizing meetings of graduates of international programs, holding a conference devoted to the problems of international cooperation in the sphere of higher education, etc. Target groups: students, teachers, post-graduate students, young researchers.
11. Spread of the results of the project in Russia and in the Asia- Pacific region Duration: 06.2013 – 09.2014 (and in the sequel) Description: Media coverage of important events of the project will be given in regional TV channels in Irkutsk region, Republic of Buryatia, Sverdlovskaya region, Khabarovsk Krai of the Russian Federation. At least two times a year articles about the project will be published in national print media (the newspaper of academic community “Poisk”). Besides, booklets containing information about the project will be published and distributed at international conferences, educational exhibitions etc. Outputs: Information about the project results are spread in printed media (at the regional and national levels and in the media of the Asia- Pacific Region).
12. Ensuring project sustainability Period: 06.2013 – 09.2014 (and in the sequel) Description: One of the project’s main goals lies in the creation of sustainable long-term structures that lead to a stronger relationship between European universities and universities of the Asian part of Russia in the area of higher education in order to share and spread European rich experience in the educational sector. -The double diploma programs and other joint educational initiatives created in the framework of the project will continue to function after the project completion and they will be expanded (organizing similar programs in other educational fields). - Once founded the center SCEE will continue to function beyond the completion of the project.
12. Ensuring project sustainability - The Baikal University BNUEL will finance the activities of the center aimed at the continuation and exploration of the results of the project. -During the project realization there will be raised and worked out a question of opening multi-diploma programs jointly organized by the EU and Russian universities from one hand and by universities of the Asian-Pacific region (Ulan-Bator State University (Mongolia), Seoul National University (Republic of Korea), Henan University of Economics and Law (China) ant others) from the other. -The educational materials prepared during the project will be improved, republished and translated into other languages (German, Chinese, Mongolian).
LIST OF ACTIVITIES (3 year) 13. Career guidance for school children, students; promotion of international academic mobility of students. Period: 06.2013 – 09.2014 (and in the sequel) Outputs: Project sustainability ensured after Erasmus Mundus has finished funding the project. Target groups: future and current students
14. “Days of European Education” (educational fair + coordination meeting 4) Venue: Khabarovsk Dates: September 2014 (5 days) Description: Awareness-raising event aimed at enhancing attractiveness of European higher education with the same activities as they were for Irkutsk and Yekaterenburg, i.e. opening of exhibitions, organizing meetings of graduates of international programs, holding a conference devoted to the problems of international cooperation in the sphere of higher education, etc. Target groups: students, teachers, post-graduate students, young researchers.
14. “Days of European Education” (educational fair + coordination meeting 4) Objectives of the meeting: -the results of the project’s implementation will be summarized; - a draft of the final report on the project will be prepared; -the plan of activities aimed at disseminating the project’s results and ensuring sustainability will be specified and approved.