We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byRudolph White
Modified over 6 years ago
WEEK21 PHYSICAL SCIENCE VOCABULARY
1) WAVE Any disturbance that transfers energy through matter or space
2) MEDIUM Material through which waves can travel
3) MECHANICAL WAVE A wave that needs a medium in which to travel
4) TRANSVERSE WAVE A wave the transfers energy in a direction that is perpendicular (at a right angle) to its medium
5) LONGITUDINAL WAVE A wave in which particles vibrate back and forth along the same path that the wave travels
6) COMPRESSION Part of the longitudinal wave where the particles bunch up closer together
7) RAREFACTION Part of a longitudinal wave in which the particles expand and move apart
8) ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE Disturbance that transfers energy through a field
9) CREST The highest point of a transverse wave
10) TROUGH The lowest point of a transverse wave
IPC Notes The Nature of Waves. A wave is a repeating disturbance or movement that transfers energy through matter or space. ex) light, sound & radio.
Unit 3 Waves and Light Lesson 1 Waves
Year 9 – Physical Science Year 9 – Physical Science Characteristics of waves.
Mr. Blizzard, 8 th Grade Science Tanglewood Middle School.
What is a Wave? Sound and Light are forms of energy that travel in waves A wave is a repeating disturbance or movement that transfers energy through matter.
20-1 The Nature of Waves. What is a wave? Waves are disturbances that transmit energy through matter or empty space –Discuss with a neighbor the different.
The Nature of Waves Learning Goals: Recognize that waves transfer energy, but not matter. Define mechanical waves. Compare and contrast transverse and.
Waves Introduction Chapter 10 Section 1 and 2 Physics Standard 4.
What are Waves? Pages A rhythmic disturbance that carries energy but not matter. 2. A type of wave that can travel only through matter. 3. Material.
Transverse & Longitudinal Waves. Transverse Waves The definition of transverse wave is a wave moving across or perpendicular to the direction that the.
Bell Work List 5 different kinds of waves you have seen in your lifetime.
transverse, longitudinal and surface waves
The Energy of Waves Chapter 20
Types of Waves EQ: How do I define, identify and compare the three main types of waves?
Chapter 17 Waves and Sound.
WHAT ARE WAVES? Wave is a disturbance that transfers energy. Medium(plural media) is a substance through which a wave can travel. The particles of a medium.
Waves O 1.1 Waves. Waves Waves – disturbances that carry energy through matter or space but don’t carry matter. Mechanical waves – waves that require.
McNair Middle School Physical Science. Bellringer What do you think of when you hear the word wave? Write a brief description of what you think a wave.
Waves and Wave Properties. A wave is a disturbance that carries energy from place to place. A wave does NOT carry matter with it! It just moves the matter.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.