We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byHoratio McDowell
Modified over 6 years ago
FSM7328S / FSM7352S Product Training Managed Layer 3 Stackable Switching at Layer 2 Pricing Demetrios Coulis March, 2005
2. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Agenda »Desktop L3 Switching »Features and Benefits »FSM73xxS Applications »Specifications & Availability »Competitive Matrix »Product Line Positioning »Selling Strategy & Tactics
3. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Desktop Layer 3 Switching »Desktop and workgroup Layer 2 switching with minimal L3 dynamic routing Enables L3 edge routing architecture » Route between VLANs without having to send traffic to the core Layer 3 “everywhere” at a Layer 2 price »Stacking functionality via front-panel Gigabit Ethernet interfaces Build higher density stack for desktop aggregation maintains the value of real Gigabit interfaces »Improved ACLs and QoS functionality enable better security and QoS applications
4. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Features and Benefits »Simple routing delivers L3 functionality at the edge Simple dynamic routing between VLANs » Up to 128 routes No need to maintain static routing tables As simple as listening for the default route from the network core router Ideal for isolating workgroups and using L3 Access Control Lists (ACLs) for security » Important for university or government customers Groups that need to be separated are sometimes found in the same physical location
5. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Features and Benefits »Front port stacking capabilities will make building a stack much easier No “special” stacking cables required Utilize copper ports for short distances Utilize fiber ports for longer distances »4 real Gigabit Ethernet combo interfaces Ability to attach more servers Build larger Link Aggregation Groups to another switch More flexible configurations Lower cost of ownership
6. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Features and Benefits »Based on a new release of the 7000 Series code-base »Rate shaping down to 64Kbps Ability to rate shape traffic flows down to 64Kbps Utilized to reduce bandwidth starvation from greedy applications »Security Secured Sockets Layer (SSLv3) Transport Layer Security (TLSv1) Secured Shell (SSHv1,v2) »Syslog server support »Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP)
7. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Applications (1) »Segmenting desktop environments for security or bandwidth control If the uplinks were L2 switched they would have to return to the core to route between VLANs 10.1.1.x/24 10.1.2.x/24 10.1.3.3 10.1.4.5 Redundant L3 fiber uplinks to the network core
8. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved »High density growth as your needs increase Up to 8 switches in a stack All managed from as a single device from a single IP address Applications (2) GSM7312 FVX538
9. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved FSM7328S Specifications ProSafe 24 Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with 4 Port Gigabit Ethernet »24 10/100 Mbps Ports with AutoUplink™ on every port »4 Combo Copper/SFP Gigabit Ethernet Ports Enabled for front-panel stacking with common cables »19-inch rack-mountable (kit included) »Quiet design, no fan »List Price: $655 »Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty »Availability: XFactory:March 24 th GA: early April
10. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved FSM7352S Specifications ProSafe 48 Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with 4 Port Gigabit Ethernet »48 10/100 Mbps Ports with AutoUplink™ on every port »4 Combo Copper/SFP Gigabit Ethernet Ports Enabled for front-panel stacking with common cables »19-inch rack-mountable (kit included) »List Price: $1115 »Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty »Availability: XFactory:March 24 th GA: early April
11. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved FSM 7328S Competitive 3Com 3226HP 2626FSM7328S Street Price$519$549$448 Ports24 + 2 24 + 4 Price/Port$20$21$16 Features- No stacking - Dynamic routing - Clustering - Static routing - Stackable - Dynamic routing Clustering delivers only a “virtual box” – no single IP address for management and configuration
12. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved FSM 7352S Competitive 3Com 3250HP 2650FSM7352S Street Price$929$1,067$842 Ports48 + 2 48 + 4 Price/Port$18$21$16 Features- No stacking - Dynamic routing - Clustering - Static routing - Stackable - Dynamic routing - Two additional Gigabit Ethernet ports - True dynamic routing with RIP v1 and v2 - The best of both worlds
13. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch Positioning »Entry-level – FSM700 Series Lowest cost managed switches Simple managed switches with legacy stacking capabilities »Mid-tier – FSM7300S Series L3 Switching at L2 prices New generation of Fast Ethernet stackables Price and feature advantages over competitors »Top of the line – FSM7326P Full featured Layer 3 switching with PoE
14. © 1996-2004 NETGEAR ®. All rights reserved Selling Strategy »Targeting SMB from 20 to 250 users Can be entire network Can be edge device for gigabit core »Primary channel is catalog and VARs Competitive against HP and 3Com offerings » More features and functionality for the price » Lower price per port offers a clear alternative 1U Form-factor for 48-port Fast Ethernet density is important for resellers » Layer 3 Switching and extra GigE functionality is more flexible and makes it deployable in more designs
Ethernet Switch Features Important to EtherNet/IP
EMEA Networking and SME Promotions 3500 Stack For Customers (6 th May 2013)
Introducing New Additions to ProSafe Advanced Smart Switch Family: GS724TR and GS748TR (ProSafe 24 and 48-port Gigabit Smart Switches with Static Routing)
Sales Guide for DES-3810 Series Aug 2011 D-Link HQ.
© Copyright 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. ©2011 Hewlett-Packard.
© 2014 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 1 High-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports rapidly transfer large files supporting.
©2010 Avaya, Inc. All rights reserved. Highlights High-performance resiliency Pioneering Switch Cluster high-availability solution 2nd largest Core.
Multi-Layer Switching Layers 1, 2, and 3. Cisco Hierarchical Model Access Layer –Workgroup –Access layer aggregation and L3/L4 services Distribution Layer.
Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved. 8-1 FitzGerald ● Dennis ● Durcikova Prepared by Taylor M. Wells: College of Business Administration,
1 © 2001, Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. NIX Press Conference Catalyst 6500 Innovation Through Evolution 10GbE Tomáš Kupka,
CSC 450/550 Part 3: The Medium Access Control Sublayer More Contents on the Engineering Side of Ethernet.
Avaya Data Solutions for SME. ©2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2 2 Avaya’s Unique Value Proposition Up to 7X better resiliency 100% Call Completion.
1 13-Jun-15 S Ward Abingdon and Witney College LAN design CCNA Exploration Semester 3 Chapter 1.
1 Version 3.0 Module 8 Virtual LANs. 2 Version 3.0.
Mr. Mark Welton. Three-tiered Architecture Collapsed core – no distribution Collapsed core – no distribution or access.
Virtual LANs. VLAN introduction VLANs logically segment switched networks based on the functions, project teams, or applications of the organization regardless.
NETWORKING COMPONENTS La’Trena Barrett CECS
NEW 500 Series 10Gig Expanded 10G offering
© 2006 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.Cisco PublicITE I Chapter 6 1 LAN Design LAN Switching and Wireless – Chapter 1.
Chapter 1: Hierarchical Network Design
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.