We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published byBertha Harris
Modified over 6 years ago
Geography Skills Vocab
1. Grid System Pattern formed as the lines of latitude and longitude cross one another. Used to determine location on the earth.
2. Latitude Lines that run east & west on the earth. Used to show distance north & south of the equator.
3. Longitude Lines that run north & south on the earth. Used to show distance east & west of the Prime Meridian.
4. Globe A round scale model of the earth.
5. Map A symbolic representation of all or part of the planet.
6. Cartographer Mapmaker
Projection of the round earth on a flat surface.7. Map Projection
8. Geographic Information SystemsUsed by cartographers. Computer tools for processing and organizing details and satellite images with other pieces of information.
A list that explains what the symbols on a map are used for.9. Key
10. Compass Rose A marker that indicates direction.
11. Cardinal Directions North, South, East, & West
12. Intermediate DirectionsNortheast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest
13. Scale Bar Shows the relationship between map measurements and actual distances.
14. Physical Map Shows the location and the shape of the earth’s physical features
15. Political Map Shows the boundaries between countries, and often other things such as cities.
16. Special Purpose Map A map that emphasizes a single idea or a particular kind of information about an area.
Remaining Vocab Words 17. Location 18. Small Scale Map19. Large Scale Map 20. Absolute Location 21. Relative Location 22. General Purpose Map 23. Topography 24. Relief 25. Elevation 26. Contour Lines 27. Graphs 28. Line Graph 29. Bar Graph 30. Circle (Pie) Graph 31. Chart (or Table) 32. Diagram
Geography Handbook pp
Unit 3 Understanding Maps.
Maps & Globes Basic map components, types, & projection.
Introduction to World Geography
Geography Skills Handbook
Map Skills Maps are a representation of the earth or a region of the earth and are an important tool of geography. There are many different types of maps.
How Geographers See the World
Geography: The Power of Maps.
Geography Skills Vocabulary
What is a Map?.
Key Terms. 7-up sentence Definition in your own words A book containing maps and charts. atlas.
I. Geography Skills A. Terms 1. Latitude: - Distance north or south of equator - Lines called parallels.
Maps vs. Globes Do YOU know the difference?. The tools that geographers use the most often are MAPS and GLOBES. A map is FLAT drawing that shows all or.
A. Globe - A scale model of the Earth. 1. Globe vocabulary.
Building Map Skills September 10, Important Parts of a Map Map Key Compass Rose Scale.
Compass Rose a design on a map showing direction. It points which way is N, S, E, W, & some intermediate directions on a map a design on a map showing.
Weds: 9//09: Day 4 Non-Honors- TEST IS TOMORROW Please take out hallway hunt and continent and oceans worksheet Take out geography packet.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.