Presentation on theme: "STUDY GUIDE FOR SEMESTER II EXAM. 1. Many Indonesian homes are built like the picture below. How have homes been adapted to the environment of region?"— Presentation transcript:
1. Many Indonesian homes are built like the picture below. How have homes been adapted to the environment of region? They are built on stilts to avoid flooding.
2. During the recent Egyptian revolution many protesters to used cameras on mobile phones to record the events of the revolution
3. Culture is language, religion, food, celebrations, rules, music, and many other traits.
4. In Sri Lanka, stilt fishing is a way people adapt to the environment.
5. Based on the information in the table, which country relies more on agricultural economic activities that the other countries? North Korea
6. Bollywood is the film production industry in India that creates movies that often reflect Indian tradition and Hindu themes.
7. In a market economy the government exercises____________ of the economy. less control
8. Article Twenty-nine – Any individual can address the public authorities in writing and with his signature. Only duly constituted organizations and corporate bodies shall have the right to address the public authorities collectively. —1983 Constitution of Bahrain, amended in 2001 First Amendment – Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. —Bill of Rights to the 1789 Constitution of the United States The excerpts above give people the opportunity to participate in the government by giving them the__ _________________with government officials. right to communicate
9. The Four Cardinal Principles followed by the Chinese government are: 1. The principle of upholding the socialist path 2. The principle of upholding the people's democratic dictatorship 3. The principle of upholding the leadership of the Communist Party of China, and 4. The principle of upholding Marxist-Leninist-Mao Zedong thought China dismisses claims of human rights abuses because they say that their guiding principles outweigh certain rights.
10. Country Life Expectancy Literacy Rate Ethiopia 55.4 years 35.9% Kenya 57.9 years 87.0% Nigeria 46.9 years 72.0% Rwanda 50.9 years 70.7% Uganda 52.7 years 73.7% Source: UN and CIA Factbook Which country is likely to have the most developed economy? Kenya
11. ______accounts for most of the cultural diffusion in East Asia. Trade
12. Epicenter of the Indian Ocean Earthquake December 26, 2004 The ___________led to coastlines along the Indian Ocean experienced a severe tsunami. earthquake
13. Australia has occasionally been subject to ozone holes in the atmosphere.