Presentation on theme: "SMART USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HR AND HEADHUNTERS THE HR DIRECTOR’S INSIDER PERSPECTIVE Milan, Doria Grand Hotel, November 20th, 2012."— Presentation transcript:
SMART USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HR AND HEADHUNTERS THE HR DIRECTOR’S INSIDER PERSPECTIVE Milan, Doria Grand Hotel, November 20th, 2012 Francesco Picconi ADICO roundtable
6 Degrees of Separation Anyone can be connected to anyone else through a chain of max 5 intermediaries
Trend: in the next years, in each Social Network arena, today’s market leader should be able to increase the distances with the followers: LinkedIn as Professional Social Network Facebook and Twitter as Personal Social Network Which Social Network?
LinkedIn.com : the leading Professional Social Network Free site to share professional profiles 187 Millions Professionals worldwide 39 Millions Professionals in Europe 3 Millions Professionals in Italy Includes Executives from virtually all the main Companies all over the world (and 100% from Fortune 500 Companies)
10 + 1 QUICK TIPS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HR AND HEADHUNTERS USING LINKEDIN
1. Have an attractive updated LinkedIn profile 100% completed We like well-done profiles USING LINKEDIN
2. Seems obvious but….apply for relevant roles in the “job” section (but: be targeted….) We may not find you if you don’t make yourself visible
3. Enlarge your network….but don’t become a “serial networker” We receive lots of irrelevant invitations USING LINKEDIN
4. Target the Hiring Manager Educated HR and Headhunters should always reply/ provide feedback USING LINKEDIN
5. Use Keywords wisely We search candidates through Keywords USING LINKEDIN
6. Ask for Recommendations….but only few relevant ones We value Recommendations and may contact Recommenders USING LINKEDIN
7. Become a recognised expert in LinkedIn Groups We scout Groups to identify new Talents USING LINKEDIN
. 8. Use LinkedIn to check/ validate information from your informal offline network We like to deal with informed people USING LINKEDIN
9. If you are an active Jobseeker, let it know We do not have a crystal ball…. USING LINKEDIN
10. Get in touch with the right HR Not necessarily the top HR (please!) USING LINKEDIN
LinkedIn is rarely used by HR and Headhunters as a unique stand-alone tool. So…. One last thing….
11. Ensure a flawless reputation and build a strong personal Brand Online Offline One last thing….
Did you know that…. 3 Recruiters out of 4 use search engines to find/check candidate info ….but then 1 out of 3 of them discard candidates because of info found online