Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Gwinnett County Literacy
Writing Rubric Gwinnett County Literacy
Focus and Development Level 5
(Do they answer the question and how well do they do it?) · Entire question is answered · Main points stand out · In-depth explanation · Supporting details are relevant and detailed · WOW
Focus and Development Level 4
· Entire question is answered. · Topic is completely explained, but lacks detail · Details support, but may not all be relevant · WELL DONE
Focus and Development Level 3
· MOST of the topic has been addressed · Includes details or explanations but may not all be relevant · Main points are clear, but don’t stand out. · AVERAGE
Focus and Development Level 2
· Topic is focused, but not developed or vice versa · SOME of the topic has been addressed · Details are uneven and lack depth · OK, but not passing
Focus and Development Level 1
· Little or no focus or development. · Few or no details to support. · Not enough written · NEEDS SERIOUS WORK
Organization Level 5 · Uses invisible transitions
· Flawless introduction and conclusion. · Compelling thesis statement and topic sentences · WOW
Organization Level 4 · Uses good transitions
· Great intro & conclusion. · All of the points outlined are addressed. · WELL DONE
Organization Level 3 · Typical ; intro, conclusion, body paragraphs.
· Typical transitions (first, in conclusion, lastly) · AVERAGE
Organization Level 2 · Few or no transitions.
· Intro or conclusion may be missing or sparse. · ELEMENTARY transitions (first, second, third) · Intro & Conclusion are too similar · NOT PASSING
· No real intro or conclusion · Intro & Conclusion are the same
Organization Level 1 · No real transitions · No real intro or conclusion · Intro & Conclusion are the same · NEEDS SERIOUS WORK
· Uses big kids sentences and vocabulary
Fluency Level 5 · Uses big kids sentences and vocabulary · The audience is clear. · Uses a combination of complex, compound, and simple sentences (fewer simple) · WOW
·Uses mostly big kid sentences and a few interesting vocabulary words
Fluency Level 4 ·Uses mostly big kid sentences and a few interesting vocabulary words · Audience is clear · Uses a combination of complex, compound and simple sentences (mostly compound) · WELL DONE
· · Uses typical vocabulary. · Audience is mostly clear
Fluency Level 3 · · Uses typical vocabulary. · Audience is mostly clear · Uses a combination of sentences, but relies heavily on SIMPLE sentences. · AVERAGE
Fluency Level 2 · Language is elementary and wrong words are used in several places. · Audience is unclear · MOST of the sentences are simple · The writer repeats words or phrases a few times. · NOT PASSING
Fluency Level 1 ·Choice of words is awkward and/or the writer repeats words or phrases. · Sentences are ALL simple · Words and sentences are not clear and make little sense. · NEEDS SERIOUS WORK
Conventions Level 5 · Uses advanced punctuation correctly (Colon, semi-colon, hyphen) · One or two grammar errors · No editing is needed · WOW
Conventions Level 4 · Uses advanced punctuation, but may not always be correct. · Has a few grammar errors, but they don’t interfere w/ the reading. · May need a little editing. · WELL DONE
Conventions Level 3 · No advanced punctuation
· A few grammar errors, but the main point is obvious. · Editing is definitely needed · AVERAGE
Conventions Level 2 · Errors make the paper difficult to read
· Meaning is unclear because of the errors. · No advanced punctuation · EDITING EXTREMELY NECESSARY. · NOT PASSING
Conventions Level 1 · Errors make the paper difficult to read
· Meaning is unclear because of the errors. · No advanced punctuation · Essay is barely able to be read .. Almost uncomprehensible · NOT PASSING
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.