Presentation on theme: "Module 10 Fitness Unit 2 Jamie is a cook whose ideas are changing school dinners."— Presentation transcript:
Module 10 Fitness Unit 2 Jamie is a cook whose ideas are changing school dinners
1. 垃圾食品 2. 菜单 3. 薯条 4. 意大利面 5. 好吃的 junk food menu chip pasta tasty 6. 表现 7. 说服 8. 禁止 9. 教育 tastier tastiest behave persuade ban educate diet 10. 日常 饮食 s
(Choose the correct word.) 1. Junk food/ Healthy food can make us fit. 2.He thought the paste / menu was terrible. 3.The cook wants to ban / improve the school meals. 4.Jamie persuaded / refused them to try his cooking. 5.We should behave/ educate the children so that they can eat healthy food.
Pre-reading -- Describe the pictures and say which meal you would like to eat. 1 fat f resh healthy food junk food sugar tasty fresh healthy food tasty fat junk food suger
Read the passage quickly and match the headings with the paragraphs. 1 ________________________ 2 ________________________ 3 ________________________ 4 ________________________ a What is healthy food? b Getting things done c What’s on the menu? d Improving school meals
While reading -- Read the passage carefully and check the true statements. T 2 T F 1. Jamie went back to school to see what the children were eating. 2. Jamie thought the menu was terrible. 3. The children in the class know what the vegetables were. The children in the class didn't know what the vegetables were.
4. The people in the kitchens didn't know enough about food and health. 5. Jamie is a cook whose ideas are changing school education. T F dinners.
After reading –Read the passage again while lisetning to the tape. And try to write notes to complete the table. 3
Typical school meal Disadvantage of junk food Healthy food Making changes to the diet hamburgers, chips,pizza fruit and ice cream bad for body,difficult to teach children after they eat junk food. meat, rice, pasta, vegetable, fruit. Ban junk food. Eat healthy food.
2. The teachers found that children whose________ _________________________ _________________________ 1. In 2005, Jamie Oliver went back to school to _______ _____________________. see what the children were eating midday meals were unhealthy were difficult to teach in the afternoon Complete the sentences 4
3. When he went into class with vegetables, Jamie found out that____________________ _______________________ 4. When Jamie changed the menu, __________________ ________________________ at first. a lot of teenagers refused to eat the new food the children didn’t know what they were
5. Jamie wanted the government to __________ _____________________ _____________________. ban junk food from schools, train the cooks, educate the children and spend more money on school dinners
3. Junk food 2.improve 4. diet 5. ban 6. persuade : Complete the sentences with the words in the box. ban cook diet improve junk food persuade 1. cook 5
Work in pairs and answer the following question. 1. What junk food do you like? 2. How can you improve your diet? 3. Do you think junk food should be banned? 4. What can you do to persuade people to eat healthy food? 5. Is it important to have a healthy meal at school? 6. Would you like to be a cook? 6
body exercise give up unhealthy had better think about Monday I’ve put on so much weight after the summer holidays! I should (1) _________more, instead of watching so much TV and eating (2)____________food...... I don’t want to get fat. So I (3)_____________ start a fitness programme. I’m (4)________________ joining the sports centre. had better thinking about exercise unhealthy
Thursday Guess what? At first, my whole (5)________ hurt, and I felt so tired after my first class, I nearly (6) __________ ! But I know I should go on. body give up body exercise give up unhealthy had better think about
Language points: 1.prefer prefer A to B prefer doing A to doing B prefer to do sth rather than do... preferred preferring
2.agree agree with sb agree to sth agree on sth We all agreed on the date of the meeting. agree to do sth
improve school dinner the menu was terrible be not just bad for the body. Their midday meals were unhealthy. behave very badly realise that... Let’s learn these useful phrases
know about healthy food know enough about food and health decide to do cook food for sb. refuse to eat persuade sb. to do sth. try his cooking Let’s learn these useful phrases
talk to the government ban junk food from schools educate sb. spend more money on school dinners agree with sb. show his visits to the school change school dinners Let’s learn these useful phrases
(Write something about our school meals.) 1. What do you think of our school meals? I think that our school meals are very… Typical meals consist… 2. Do you have any suggestions about improving our school meals? But there is some disadvantage: At first, … The second,… Finally… 3. How to make us keep fit? I think that if you want to keep fit, you should …