Presentation on theme: "Competitive Summer Season Week of Sept 24 U9/U10 – 1v1 Defend, Immediate Pressure."— Presentation transcript:
Competitive Summer Season Week of Sept 24 U9/U10 – 1v1 Defend, Immediate Pressure
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way When you get there Session will be Play (until you have 8 players) – 11+ Warm-up (8 minutes) – Work (35 minutes) – Play (8 minutes) Take attendance Play - Once you have 8 players begin session 11+ should only take about 8 minutes – on the shoulder contact it should be as if players are giving each other high five with their shoulders then landing both feet and soft meaning that knees should give as players hit the ground to absorb impact Having trouble with particular players use names to address them Demo what you want!
11+ - http://f-marc.com/11plus/ To see the 11+ in action go to: http://f-marc.com/11plus/exercises/
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Play – To end line -Split the players into two teams -Play 3v3 to start and play no larger then 4v4 once you have players you should begin play shortly thereafter -Have a pile of balls near each end line when you run out of balls go collect -Dribbling over endline KEYS Look for opportunities to get forward Remind players that smashing into players forward can be solved by playing backwards then forwards sometimes 35 yds. 25 yds.
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Activity 1 – Knee Tag -Every player for themselves -Play short rounds of tag with players trying to tag as many other players as possible and avoid being tagged -Tag must be on knee to count -This will be a quick activity to 2-3 rounds tops KEYS Be low Have head on swivel Can we get players side on Must be quick with lots of little adjustment steps
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Activity 2 – Chase and Guide -1v1 game with focus on immediate chase -Begin by attacker starting with ball on first touch defender can chase -Score by dribbling thru gate -If D gets attacker to dribble out of bounds they get a point if they steal the ball and score on counter goal they get 3 points -Players keep individual score -Rotate players thru lines KEYS Track down attacker Worry about guiding attacker away from goal first then winning the ball Once you have slowed them down can the player get between them and the goal Value of patience which will be a really hard sell 20 yds. 10 yds.
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Activity 3 – Play -Two teams -Play 3v3 to start and play no larger then 5v5 with a few subs if necessary. Adjust the field a little more space is better then too small -One team could play to goal w/sweeper/GK -Can challenge team going to cone goal by making them one bounce the ball thru goal so it would be a mini chip KEYS Effort is number 1 priority if effort is not sufficient pull player out and have them watch until the are ready to give effort Willingness to Defend and Attack Focus on player’s transition from A to D with dedication to immediate chase 35 yds. 25 yds.
U9/U10 Week of September 24– 1v1 Defending – Immediate Pressure Activity 1 – Tag Activity 2 – Chase and Guide Play 3v3 up to 5v5 End Line Every player for themselves This should be a very quick activity 3 short rounds 35-45 seconds make sure to highlight specific components of coaching points Can you link points to specific players needs Every player for themselves Keep score A gets point for dribbling thru goal; D gets points for guiding A out of bounds or scoring on counter goal Play begins with A initiating dribbler D starts 3-5yds behind A to begin If too easy for D to be successful let A pass thru goal to Score 3v3 up to 5v5 with subs if necessary Mentality Relate to theme of the day Be low Get side on Head on a swivel Be aware As important to avoid as to tag React to first movement Cut off path to goal Guide player away from goal then take ball Get body between A and goal as quickly as possible Once chase is done get low and side on! Effort Team attacks/team defends Play - Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way 11+ Once you have 8 players begin formal WU This should take about 8 mins Not a race Focus on proper movement