Presentation on theme: "Tato prezentace je hrazena z projektu: Spolupráce s partnery – základ kvalitní odborné výuky registrační číslo: CZ.1.07/1.1.01/02.0033."— Presentation transcript:
Tato prezentace je hrazena z projektu: Spolupráce s partnery – základ kvalitní odborné výuky registrační číslo: CZ.1.07/1.1.01/02.0033
NOVÁ ŘÍŠE Bastl Jiří, Kratochvíl Tomáš, Čurdová Monika
The Abby was founded by Markvard of Hrádek and his wife in 1211 as a monastery for sisters of the Order of Premonstratensians. The community of sisters died out in 1597. Premonstratensians from Zábrdovice came to the abby in 1641. In 1942 SS units invaded the abbey. All the regulars were taken to hearings. Some of them were set free, the others were transported to a concentratin camp in Osvětim. These who survived came back to Nová Říše after 1945. Nowadays Premonstratensians provide parish administration in near parishes (Dlouhá Brtnice, Rozseč, Stará Říše, Krasonice).
The buildings of the abbey have tracks of the last reconstructin from 1821. The structure was burnt down by the destructive fire in 1813 and was rebuilt according to the old ground plan. The rooms downstairs are decorated with stucco, upstairs there are illusive paintings and figurative frescos.
The connecting corridor leads from the monastery buildings to St Peter and Paul Church. This church was built at the same place where used to be the old one in 1504. The inner walls are decorated with the frescos by Johann Lukas Kracker. The paws from 1696 are very precious as well as the pulpit from 1700, which is decorated with a great number of figurative and floral ornaments. However, we don’t know the authors.