cidades estados países continentes meses estações anos séculos períodos do dia [ morning, afternoon, evening] The TV set is in the box. She lives in Seattle. He works in Illinois. They study in Brazil. The show will be in Europe. They will leave in March. My vacation will be in the Spring. He was born in 1959. She died in the nineteenth century. You walk in the morning. I teach English in the afternoon. He goes to the movies in the evening. * no, na, em, dentro de
dias de semana dia e mês só o dia ruas (sem número), avenidas e praças estradas, rios, lagos, costa, sobre superfícies e fronteiras He studies French on Mondays and Fridays. She was born on April 15th. They live on Sunflower street. We live on Madison avenue. The show will be on Washington square. They are sailing on the Mississipi river. * no, na, em, sobre
on the(a) desert island on the(a) farm on the(a) beach in bed in the (a) car in the (a) truck in the (a) taxi on the(a) plane on the(a) ship on the(a) train on the(a) boat on the(a) bus on page three on television on the radio on the third floor
lugares públicos posições atividades de grupo (jogos) casas, lojas endereço(rua e número) só número da casa horas festividades idade Bill is at the bus station. Paul is at that table. Please! Sit at this desk. The boy is at the door. Tom was at the volley ball game. Lucy was at her mother's last night. She bought her hat at Monica's. They live at 65 Sunflower street. They live on Sunflower street at number 65. The show will be at 8 o'clock. They will arrive at Christmas. He left the navy at the age of 29. * no, na, em, junto a, posição em um ponto
At first (no princípio) At last (finalmente) At once (imediatamente) At times (às vezes) At home (em casa) At least (pelo menos) At night (à noite) At noon (ao meio dia) At midnight (à meia noite)
The bird is flying over those trees. (está voando acima daquelas arvores) The lamp is over that table. (está acima da mesa) * no, na, sobre (posição superior) * para dentro I put the letter into the envelope. She got into the classroom.
The car is in front of the store. She was in front of my daughter. The church is in front of the City Hall. * em frente de The tree is behind the building. The cat is behind the door. Stay behind me. * atrás de
* para cima (movimento) The cat jumped onto the table. (pulou para cima da mesa) * durante Do you play tennis during the week? This is beyond my control. She is beyond the border. *além de
*para cima An elevator goes up and down. *para baixo An elevator goes up and down.
Those books are beside the radio. Peter is beside my brother. * ao lado de Peter’s name was written above my name. Above us only the sky. * acima de Below us at our left there was a big river. His name was there below the others. * abaixo de
My brother swam across the river yesterday. There is a library across the street. *através de, do outro lado There is a stranger among us. We are among friends. *entre vários Marta is sitting between Paul and Peter. She put the document between two books. *entre dois
Before six o’clock he will be here. I will arrive before midnight. *antes I will be there after 4 o’clock. “Day after day” is a beautiful song. *após My father was walking along the street. He is sailing along the river. *ao longo
She went to London. The manager will travel to Canada. * para (destino) I have been working here since 1984. She is waiting for you since three o’clock. *desde We are from abroad. (procedência) He left from Paris and flew to Chicago. (procedência) Cut two meters from this piece. (separação) * de (procedência,separação)
This film was directed by Sidney Lumet. That book was written by John Updike. They went to the concert by bus. * por, pelo, de The door of the car. The car of my brother. * de (posse) They’ll talk about anything. The lecture is about Ecology. * sobre, a respeito de
* embaixo de The dog is beneath the table. The dog is under the table. * embaixo de The dog is underneath the table.
* com Caroline is with Margaret. A leg of lamb served with potatoes. * fora Her husband was out in Africa. The resort is about twenty miles out of town. * sem A city without history. They drove into town without talking to each other.
* até (relativo à tempo) She waited until he had gone. They didn’t find her till the next day. * através Go straight through that door and then turn right. Through him, I was introduced to several high-up people. ( * perto de I stood very near to them. These things will be available to us in the very near future.
* referente a He refused to answer questions concerning his private life. I wrote to the head of the firm concerning Robert. I brought this present for you. He has come for participating.(finalidade) Ink for writing. (finalidade) For your love. (causa ou amor de) This car is for the best son. (recompensa) I have been working here for ten years. (duração de tempo) I stayed there for a long time. (duração de tempo) *para (favor, benefício, propósito, fim, intenção) *por (duração de tempo)
Complete with "in", "on" or "at" the sentences below. Saturdays a)She goes to school______Saturdays. night b)My friends used to study_____night. 11 o'clockthe morning c)Her parents came to see her____11 o'clock____the morning. Christmas d)They usually leave the city _______ Christmas. fifteen minutes e)Your dinner will be ready______fifteen minutes. October f)______October she will be studying in that school. the Summer g)Her sister wears light clothes _____the Summer. noon h)The managers want to be at that restaurant_______noon. June 17, 1994 i)We received his letter _____June 17, 1994. the end j)The principal was ______the end of his patience. on at atin at in In in at on at
Complete the sentences below with the correct preposition. a)The office hours are________8______6. b)The trip will be_______Rio____ Campos____car. c)The picture is _______the wall _________ the sofa. d)Your cousin is a friend______mine. e)The play was directed ______Franco Zefirelli. (embaixo) f)The children’s shoes are________the sofa. (embaixo) (em frente de) g)The restaurant is____________the church. (em frente de) (ao lado) h)Her father is ____________my cousin. (ao lado) (atrás) i)Please! Stay__________me. (atrás) j)My sister went ______Canada. (abaixo) k)Rewrite the sentences ______ (abaixo) (acima) l)Answer all the questions________. (acima) m)Our relatives are waiting for us _____ the bus station. n)The orchestra will be conducted_______Von Karayan. o)Where are you ______? fromto from to by onabove of by under in front of beside behind to below above at by from