Presentation on theme: " If + S + had (not) Vpp..., S + should/ would/could/might (+ not) + have Vpp.... It + takes + O + (time) + to V...."— Presentation transcript:
If + S + had (not) Vpp..., S + should/ would/could/might (+ not) + have Vpp.... It + takes + O + (time) + to V....
1. He spent some time forming a plan to motivate the poor people there to clean up their environment. → It took him some time to form a plan to motivate the poor people there to clean up their environment. It + takes + O + (time) + to V....
2. We will spend more than two hours driving from Taichung to Tainan. → It will take us more than two hours to drive from Taichung to Tainan. It + takes + O + (time) + to V....
A. 根據句型，改寫下面的句子。 1. I will spend at least two weeks working on this difficult project. → _____________________________ _____________________________ It will take me at least two weeks to work on this difficult project.
2. We didn’t spend too much time completing this easy task. → ________________________ ________________________ It didn’t take us too much time to complete this easy task.
3. Tracy spent five days touring the city. → __________________________________ ___________________ It took Tracy five days to tour the city.
4. I won’t be able to go to your party if I spend a long time doing this experiment. → __________________________ __________________________ I won’t be able to go to your party if it takes me a long time to do this experiment.
5. How much time do you usually spend preparing for your final exams? → ________________________________ ________________________________ How much time does it usually take you to prepare for your final exams?
B. 根據句型與提示字完成下面的對話。 第一題為範例。 1. A: Did you buy a ticket for the baseball game? B: Yes, it took me almost three hours to buy a ticket for the baseball game (almost three hours). There was such a long line at the ticket office.
2. A: Did they fix your cell phone? B: Yes. _____________ _________________ ______. (a week) It took them a week to fix my cell phone
3. A: When will Andrew pay off his credit-card bills? B: Next year. ____________________ ______________________________ (one year) It will take him one year to pay off his credit-card bills.
4. A: The company spent a lot of money making the movie. B: Making the movie was also very time-consuming. _________ ____________________________ __________ (three years) It took the company three years to make the movie.
5. A: When will we get to the top of the mountain? B: Probably at three o’clock in the afternoon. I think __________________ __________________________________ ______________ (more than two hours). it will take us more than two hours to get there/to the top of the mountain
1. If it had not been for Lian, the poor people of Burkina Faso might have remained neglected. 2. If I had not been stuck in heavy traffic, I would have been able to get to school on time. 3. If Ken had had enough money, his dream of studying in France could have come true. If + S + had (not) Vpp..., S + should/ would/could/might (+ not) + have Vpp....
A. 根據句型與提示字，將下列句子改為與 過去事實相反的假設語氣句子。第一題為 範例。 1. I didn’t study hard, so I could not enter the college of my choice. → If I had studied hard, I could have entered the college of my choice.
2. Polly didn’t go to bed early last night, so she was late for school this morning. → ______________________________ _____________________________ If Polly had gone to bed early last night, she would/might not have been late for school this morning.
3. George helped Mary with her homework, so she could finish it on time. → ______________________________ ______________________________ If George had not helped Mary with her homework, Mary couldn’t have finished it on time.
4. Albert didn’t wear a winter coat, so he caught a cold. → _______________________ _______________________ It Albert had worn a winter coat, he would/might not have caught a cold.
5. It rained all day long, so we stayed at home. → _______________________ _______________________ If it had not rained all day long, we would/might not have stayed at home.
B. 以下段落為 Luke 陳述昨天所發生的事， 根據句型及段落完成下面的句子。 It was really not my day yesterday. 1 I got up late, so I missed the school bus. While I was waiting for a taxi, it began to rain. 2 Because I didn’t have an umbrella with me, I got wet.
Twenty minutes later, I finally reached my classroom. 3 My teacher was angry and punished me for being late. Then, in the English class, the teacher gave us a test. 4 Because I hadn’t studied hard for it, I failed the test.
After school, I went to a bookstore, where I found an interesting book. 5 I couldn’t buy the book because I had forgotten to bring my money with me. Finally, I decided to go home. I hoped that tomorrow would be better than yesterday.
1. If I _____________________, I wouldn’t have missed the school bus. 2. If I ______________________________, I wouldn’t have got wet. 3. If I hadn’t been late, _______________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________. hadn’t gotten up late had had an umbrella with me my teacher wouldn’t have been angry and punished me
4. If I had studied hard for the test, I _______________________________. 5. If I ___________________________ _______________, I ___________ ______________________. wouldn’t have failed it hadn’t forgotten to bring my money with me could have bought the book END