We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAgustin Rickards
Modified over 6 years ago
Mr. Olivas thinks this is him. I don’t get it!
* Smallest part of an element * Has all the properties of the element
* Particle buzzing around the nucleus of an atom * It has a negative charge
* The dense part in the middle of an atom * Has protons and neutrons in it
* The area where electrons move
* The particles in the nucleus that are positive
* The unit that describes what the mass of the atom or molecule is. * Can be found on the periodic table
* The particle in the nucleus of an atom that has no charge but has mass
* The number of protons in the atom
* The same element(atom) that has different amounts of neutrons.
* The number of protons and neutrons in an atom added together
* The mass of an atom expressed in atomic mass units or amu.
Chapter 11 Matter and Its Properties
Chapter 6-2 part 1 The Atom.
Atomic Structure Section The Nucleus Nucleus- contains most of the mass of an atom – Protons & Neutrons contains most of an atom’s mass – Electrons-
Atomic Structure Nucleus – contains protons and neutrons
Atomic Mass & Number Isotopes The Periodic Table.
The Periodic Table. Define the following terms. 1. proton 2. neutron 3. electron 4. nucleus.
Calderglen High School
Atoms 8.5A The student is expected to describe the structure of atoms, including the masses, electrical charges, and locations, of protons and neutrons.
ATOMS!!!!!!! What is the structure of the atom? How are elements described in terms of their atoms? Why do we use models to understand atoms?
The atoms of all elements are made up of a central nucleus with orbiting electrons. ◦ A nucleus is made up of positively charged PROTONS and neutral.
Mass Number Atomic Number equals the # of... NUCLEUS ELECTRONS PROTONS NEUTRONS NEGATIVE CHARGE POSITIVE CHARGE NEUTRAL CHARGE ATOM.
Matter Vocabulary. __________________ anything that has mass takes up space matter.
Building Blocks 1c Int
Atoms 8. 8a Describe the structure and parts of an atoms
Atomic Structure Chm Matter MixturesPure Substances.
Warmup: Concept: PS-2.1 Compare the subatomic particles.
Describing the Structure of ATOMS
Ch. 11 Section 2 The Atom. Vocabulary To Know Proton- subatomic particle that has a positive charge and that is found in the nucleus Atomic mass unit-
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.