Presentation on theme: "Ms. Mariella Valdez de Mires SPANISH AS AN ADITIONAL LANGUAGE (SAL) Special thanks to Ms. Fiorella Perazzo."— Presentation transcript:
Ms. Mariella Valdez de Mires firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com SPANISH AS AN ADITIONAL LANGUAGE (SAL) Special thanks to Ms. Fiorella Perazzo
Hi! I am Ms. Mariella; I´m Peruvian. I have a degree in Education from “Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú” here in Lima, and a Master of Science degree in Multidisciplinary Studies through Buffalo State – N. Y. Antonio and I are married for over 20 years and have two adorable children: Daniella (9) & Antonio (18).
Class time: 40 minutes (5 days a week) - I want to create a non threatening environment - Teach in a fun way: games, songs, role play, movement, bingo, etc. (less writing at first) How do I teach Spanish? SPANISH AS AN ADITIONAL LANGUAGE (SAL)
- Your help and communication is extremely important. - Please e-mail me anything that you think I need to know to help your child be happier at school. if it’s too hard for your kid. if he/she didn’t understand something. if homework hasn’t been completed (and there is a good reason for it…) - Emotional component: it is important for the kids to see you happy in Peru…
- Bring everyday the green bag to class with materials needed - Respect: others & materials - Good behavior - Responsible: class & home
- Monday to Thursday - Check homework (“Homework pocket”) - Spanish/English dictionary at home ( Korean / French / German / Dutch / Hebrew / Hindi / Swedish … ) - Reading in Spanish is very important - If they do not bring their homework... 20 to 25´ Spanish 25 to 35´ English (TOTAL = 45 to 60 minutes daily)
- Individual and group work - Working on-line: Internet (check webpage and play to learn)Internet - Will send home unfinished work - Teaching rotates around working on projects (outline deadlines), researching on a topic + writing
- Vocabulary - Regular verbs AR/ER/IR ending (present) - Some irregular verbs (present tense) ( “ir”, “venir” ) - Some reflexive verbs (present) ( “gustar”, “doler” ) - Correct gender, use of articles + pronouns (agreement, nouns, pronouns, adjectives) - Peruvian history (“nociones”) / Pre-Inca & Inca Empire
- For fun / pleasure (in September) - Share parts of the book they liked the best - Write down 5 words (notebook) - 2nd. Semester: write a little about the story (main character, beginning, the end, etc.) SPANISH AS AN ADITIONAL LANGUAGE (SAL)
- Children love to show you what they have done - At the end of the school year we will invite you to our class to be part of our final project - Some of you might work... We´ll ask you ahead of time to save the date or ask for a special permission to be able to come to our class
Nuestra misión es ofrecer a nuestros alumnos las herramientas necesarias para que persistan en su pasión por el aprendizaje, sean íntegros y tengan la capacidad de crear soluciones socialmente responsables.