We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byConstance Stewart
Modified over 2 years ago
The Plot Diagram Student Notes
Plot Diagram 4 3 5 1 6 2
Plot (definition) Plot is the organized pattern or sequence of events that make up a story.
1. Exposition This occurs at the beginning of a short story. Here the characters are introduced. We also learn about the setting (time and place) of the story.
2. Initial Conflict The introduction of the conflict or main problem is called the INITIAL CONFLICT. The action shifts upward at this point. X
3. Rising Action This part of the story begins to develop the conflict. A building of interest or suspense occurs.
4. Climax This is the turning point of the story. Usually the main character comes face to face with a conflict. The main character will often change in some way.
5. Falling Action Action that occurs after the climax. Falling action consists of details that lead to the resolution.
6. Resolution The story comes to a reasonable ending. We often find out what happens to the main characters.
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram Student Notes.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.