We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published byClaud Cameron
Modified over 4 years ago
The Hero’s Journey & Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
1. Ordinary World The hero is introduced in his ordinary world. – Harry lives under the staircase at the Dursley’s house.
2. Call to Adventure The call to adventure. – Harry receives his entrance letter into Hogwarts
3. Refusal of the Call Hero is reluctant – even though Harry wants to leave, the Dursley’s try to keep him prisoner!
4. Meeting the Mentor The hero is encouraged by the wise old man or woman. – Hagrid visits Harry at the lighthouse.
5. Crossing the ThresholdThe hero passes the first threshold and fully enters the special world of his story for the first time. – Diagon Alley/Hogwarts express
6. Tests, Allies, Enemies The hero encounters tests and helpers. – Harry meets Ron & Hermione, encounters the three headed dog, the devil’s snare (plant), the broomstick challenge, the chessboard
7. The Innermost Cave The hero reaches the innermost cave. – He enters the chamber with the Mirror of Erised
8. The Ordeal (Death & RebirthThe hero endures the supreme ordeal. – He battles with Professor Quirrel/Voldemort
9. The Reward/Seizing the Forcehero now takes possession of the treasure he’s come seeking – Harry takes the philosopher’s stone
10. The Road Back The road back. – Harry is still in trouble for sneaking out of the dorms and is in the infirmary (also Voldemort is still out there)
11. The Resurrection The hero emerges from the special world, transformed. – Harry is brave and more grown up than before, and Gryffindor wins the term even though it was supposed to be Slytherin.
12. The Return with the ElixirReturn with the elixir. – Harry returns to the Dursleys in the muggle world, armed with the knowledge that he is special, a wizard.
Independent Practice Now match the hero’s journey to Anthem.Does it work? You need to think in terms of representative rather than literal.
Exit Ticket ACE Short answer. Is Anthem is more of a hero’s journey or a bildungsroman? Explain.
The Hero’s Journey In The Wizard of Oz
Is the hero introduced in his ordinary world?
Physical Imaginative Inner Movement Transformation Adventure Development Challenge Change What Have We Covered?
ENDER’S GAME V. HARRY POTTER BY: MEEEEE!!!!!!! a.k.a. Nicole Thiele.
Today: O No Journal Prompt O Resume your groups from Monday/Tuesday O Grab your supplies and finish your poster as a group O Individually, write the 1.
The Stages of the Hero’s Journey
1 and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” is the original title used in Britain. Harry Potter is J.K. Rowling’s.
What is a Hero ? Take a moment and think of your own definition of a ‘hero ’
By Pake Nimick. Ordinary World- Harry lives with his aunt and uncle, under their stairs. He has no idea he’s a wizard. And he hates how his cousin Dudly.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: Archetype Analysis
Harry Potter And the Philosopher’s Stone By J. K. Rowling Harry potter thinks he is an ordinary boy-until he is rescued by a beetle-eyed giant of a man,
The Hero’s Journey A slide version of excerpts from “A Practical Guide to Joseph Campbell’s ‘The Hero with a Thousand Faces’” by Christopher Vogler.
Twelve Stages of the Hero’s Journey “The Hero Quest”
THE ARCHETYPAL QUEST— THE 12-step Hero’s Journey According to VOGLER, JUNG AND JOSEPH CAMPBELL.
A HERO’S JOURNEY A guide to understanding how almost every story, movie, or television show is written. 1.
A HERO’S JOURNEY A guide to understanding how almost every story, movie, or television show is written. Use the bookmarks for Hero’s Journey.
Mrs. Rollins’ Freshman Language Arts. The likeable hero is introduced sympathetically so the audience can identify with the situation or dilemma. The.
The Prequel: Classification by type Report Recount Procedure Explanation Exposition Response Personal and Expressive.
The Hero’s Journey Joseph Campbell described the Hero’s Journey as a circle – starting with the call to adventure [that information that get’s the hero.
Teacher : N.N. Nesternko. 1) Films and Books 2) Genre,film director, year of creating 3) The Plot and the History Killing Harry`s parents Unhappy.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.