We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byGerald Golden
Modified over 4 years ago
Mass of a Irregular Regular Object PAN RIDERS POINTER
Mass: Definition: Unit: Equipment: The amount of matter in an object. grams (g) Triple beam balance
Ex. Water, oil, etc.
1. Obtain a triple beam balance (make sure to carry it with 2 hands on the base).
2. Make sure that the riders are all to the __________ of the beams. LEFT
3. Next, make sure that the triple beam balance pointer is at ________. If it isn’t, call the teacher over. ZERO
4. Place the object and its __________ on the triple beam balance. CONTAINER
Find the mass by moving the riders until the pointer is at zero.
3.3 30070 300 70 + 3.3 373.3 g Add them together.
5. Next, place the ___________ by itself. Find the mass by moving the riders until the pointer is at zero. Add them together. Empty container CONTAINER 70 100 + 0 170 g
6. To find the final mass of object: ______________ - _____________ = ________________ Mass of container & object Mass of container alone Mass of object 373.3 g-170 g=203.3 g
7. Make sure to put the proper label/unit - _________ or ____. GRAMS g
Parts to the Balance And Steps to using it.. PARTS OF THE BALANCE 1.Zero Scale 2.Pointer 3.LEFT Pan 4.RIGHT Pan 5.Small Gram Scale.
Using Scientific Equipment Triple Beam Balance, Calculating Volume of a Regular Object.
Measuring Mass using the Metric System Alice L. Comisky.
MASS AND WEIGHT DEFINITIONS Mass - the amount of matter an object has. Matter- something that has mass and takes up space. Weight- is the amount of mass.
Measuring Mass. Definition: The amount of matter in an object Tool/Instrument: Balance (Triple beam balance) MAIN unit: gram Grams are for small/light.
1 Determining Mass Mass is a direct measurement of the amount of matter in a sample.
Measuring How to be PRECISE and ACCURATE. How to Measure MASS MASS – the amount of MATTER in an object; measured in grams (gm) Triple Beam Balance.
Laboratory Equipment, Safety and Procedures
Mass and Volume.
Before you start, remember to match the numbers on the Back of the Balance Bottom of the Pan Bottom of the Swing.
The ABC’s of Science Review of length, volume Metric System Part 2:
Triple Beam Balance and Graduated Cylinder. A. Triple beam balance Used to measure MASS.
Different units are used to describe different types of measurements. Different units are used to describe different types of measurements. For example,
Bell Ringer Is the following statement an observation or an inference? The temperature outside is 72°F.
MEASURING MASS USING A TRIPLE BEAM BALANCE Procedures and Practice (to be used with notes sheet)
1 Multi Beam Balance. 3 Here are the steps for using a multi-beam balance properly: Adjust all riders, so that each reads zero. Then check to make sure.
Density. What is Density? Density is the amount of matter in a substance divided by the amount of space it has. Another way to say this is that Density.
How to use a triple-beam-balance Mrs. Halaw. Parts of a balance - Pan- Pointer - Riders- Beams - Adjustment knob.
Suppose you were to travel to the moon
Using the triple beam balance. Using the Balance 1)Zero the balance 2)Put the object on the pan 3)Slide the heaviest rider until the pointer drops, back.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.