Plot (definition) Plot is an organized sequence of events that make up a story. Every plot is made up of a series of events or incidents that are related to one another. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=9yFvlcw8YtYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch? v=9yFvlcw8YtY
1. Basic Situation or Introduction (AKA the Exposition) This usually occurs at the beginning of a short story. Here the characters are introduced, the setting of the story, and most importantly, we are introduced to the conflict (main problem).
2. Rising Action This part of the story begins to develop and advance the conflict. The author builds interest with complications, sensory details, suspense, and foreshadowing.
3. Climax This is the highest point in the story. Usually the main character comes face to face with the conflict. The main character(s) most likely will change in some way.
4. Falling Action Most questions of the plot are answered. The conflict is already fixed and is no longer a problem or concern.
5. Resolution All parts of the story are resolved.
Putting It All Together 1.Basic Situation Or Introduction, Exposition 2. Rising Action Series of events 3. Climax 4. Falling Action 5. Resolution Beginning of Story Middle Ending