Presentation on theme: "By: Sommer Layman Photo shopped perfection Realistic/Average women."— Presentation transcript:
By: Sommer Layman Photo shopped perfection Realistic/Average women
* Body image - is the way you see yourself and imagine how you look * Mostly effects women Definition retrieved from: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Body+image
* 92% of girls are displeased with their body image * (Hair, Paleness, Hand/Feet size, eyes, ears, nose, shape, weight, legs, breast size, love handles) * But why are girls so negative toward their body image?
* Promote beauty? * Discover new fashion styles? * Career paths? * Create perfect women? * Promote celebrities?
* Negatively affect women’s moods * Promote body dissatisfaction of average women * Set unrealistic standards * Create pressure to be perfect
* Tall, young, thin women are most accepted * Media is becoming less representative of average women * Many women in magazines meet the criteria for anorexia * Women's bodies are becoming heavier * Thin ideal produced by media is unrealistic and impossible for most women to attain
* Simple, COMPARISON * Women internalize the images of celebrities seen in magazines and they compare themselves to those images * When women fall short of those images they feel dissatisfied
Stop trying to perfect women, and incorporate average/realistic women into the media!
And don’t let society shape the way you see yourself…