We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMabel Smith
Modified over 6 years ago
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram Student Notes
Plot Diagram 2 1 3 4 5
Plot (definition) Plot is the organized pattern. A series of events that are related.
1. Exposition Usually occurs at the beginning. Characters are introduced. Setting, time, place, date →past, present, future Main conflict (main problem) is discovered by the reader.
2. Rising Action Suspense begins? Builds interest Conflict starts * Main conflict may be here →reader.
3. Climax Main character meets the problem. (Character finally knows) Turning point the story starts to change. Drama-heartbreaking-sometimes exciting. The main character changes
4. Falling Action The little conflicts gets fixed. Main conflict gets fixed.
5. Resolution Smooth ending The rest of the story gets fixed.
Putting It All Together 1. Exposition 2. Rising Action 3. Climax 4. Falling Action 5. Resolution Beginning of Story Middle of Story End of Story
Identifying the Elements of A Plot Diagram
© 2022 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.