Plot (definition) Plot is the sequence of events that make up a story. Every plot is made up of a series of incidents that are related to one another.
1. Exposition The set-up of the story. Here the characters and setting are introduced Inciting Incident - we are introduced to the central conflict (main problem).
2. Rising Action The conflict is further developed and complicated by secondary conflicts such as: obstacles & challenges. This builds suspense.
3. Climax This is the turning point of the story. The main character make a decision. The main character will also change in some way. Peak of the action.
4. Falling Action The loose ends of the plot are tied up. May contain a moment of final suspense.
5. Resolution The story comes to a reasonable ending. The main character is better off.
Putting It All Together 1.Exposition Inciting Incident = 2. Rising Action 3. Climax 4. Falling Action 5. Resolution Set-up of the story Character Changes: Things Turn Around (Turning Point) End of Story Moves the story to the climax Loose ends tied up (moment of suspense) Introduces main conflict