Presentation on theme: "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"— Presentation transcript:
1The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Chapters 1 & 2 Questions
21. Why doesn’t Bruno understand the nature of his father’s job? Bruno does not understand the nature of his father’s job because no one ever takes the time to explain it to Bruno. They just say it is important and that the “Fury” has big things in mind for his father.
32. How does Bruno’s mother feel about leaving the house in Berlin? Bruno’s mother seems upset and sad about leaving the house in Berlin.Evidence: pg. 5“Mother sighed and looked around the room as if she might never see it again.”Evidence: pg. 13 – 14“We don’t have the luxury of thinking,” said Mother…”Some people make all the decisions for us.”
43. How does Bruno feel about his sister? Bruno thinks Gretel is a “Hopeless Case” and would not care if she stayed behind in Berlin.
54. Why is Bruno reluctant to leave Berlin? Bruno is reluctant to leave Berlin because he loves his large comfortable house, which is close to his grandparents and accessible to his three good friends.
65. How does Bruno react to his new house? Bruno thinks the new house is desolate and small, set in a place where there are no other houses and therefore, no friends nearby.
76. How do Bruno and Maria react to the young soldier in the hall? Bruno takes an instant dislike to the young soldier, finding the man too serious. Maria seems awed by his presence, as she stands very straight and hold her hand in front of her without looking into his face.