Things you should have with you: Your own email address Student email addresses Ideas that you want to include
1. Go to the Ning website at http://www.ning.com. http://www.ning.com 2. Type in the Ning Network Name you want and a password. 3. Type in the Ning network address you desire. 4.Click “Create”.
Step 2: adding your Information Step 2: adding your Information 5. Fill in your name, email address, password, birth date, and code you see.
6. Fill in the basic information about the network you are creating. 7. Determine your privacy settings, tagline, description, keywords, English, country and zip code. 8. Click on the orange “Next” button when you are finished.
1. Add the features you want by clicking on any of elements on the left and then dragging it into the Layout template on the left. 2. It will turn blue when you drag it to a place you can add it. It will turn red where you can’t. 2. By clicking on the blue “View all Features” link, you can see the full list of features Ning has to offer. 3. To remove a feature, click on the feature you want to remove and drag it to the “Drag Here to Remove Feature” drop box.
This screen allows you to browse and choose which theme you want your Ning to have. Choose the theme by clicking on it. Scroll down and you can customize it by changing colors, font, badges, or media players. Once you are done, click on the orange “Launch!” button in the bottom or top right of your screen.
1. Using the forum feature, start a discussion. Begin by clicking the “Start a Discussion” link. 2. Next, enter the details of your discussion post. To upload a document from your computer, click on the “Choose File” button. 3. Once you are satisfied with the contents of your discussion post, click “Add Discussion.”
1. By using the “Events” feature you can post a reminder for all of your students to see. Start by clicking the “Create Event” link. 2. Fill in the details of your event. You will need to include an image, description, event type, start time, location, and website link. 3. Click on the “Add Event” link when you are finished.
Adding content (cont’) You may add photos, videos, events, blogs, or any other content based on the features you chose to include, just click on that title on the menu bar.
Step 8: Managing your Ning You can now set the setting on your account or change any of the features or control Click on “Manage”. Click on “Feature controls”
You can change any settings for blog posts, chat on main page, events, photos, profile pages, search, and videos. After changing the settings that you want, click save.
1. Now that you are set- up, the final step is to invite your students. To do this, click on “Invite” tab on the Main page. 2. Next, enter the email addresses and a brief message. When complete, click the send invitations button.
You are well on your way! Add more content, more video, more information. Get the students involved as well! Don’t get overwhelmed. The front end may take some time as you decide what to include and provide or what you want from your students, but the upkeep is very easy and quick.