Presentation on theme: "* Undergraduate student from San Diego State University * Graduate student from UC Irvine * Grew up in Los Angeles * Currently living in San Francisco."— Presentation transcript:
* Undergraduate student from San Diego State University * Graduate student from UC Irvine * Grew up in Los Angeles * Currently living in San Francisco * Sixth year of teaching (three in K/three in 1 st )
* INDEPENDENCE, PERSEVERENCE, COMMUNICATION * Write, revise, and edit drafts * Make friends, problem solve, learn Life Skills * Have conversations about given topics (art, math, writing, etc.) * Decode words and read stories * See the writing-reading connection * Silent reading * Become a “good” writer * Build confidence * Think deeper rather than wider on math topics * Have fun!
* Students will be assigned leveled books depending upon their DRA * Book shopping * Nightly book bags * 30 minutes of reading * Reread/comprehension/tips * PA Library * Raz-Kids * Wednesday Happenings (TBA) * Weekly Sight Words (5) – will post the full list on website
* 10-15 minute mini lessons * 40 minutes of independent time while I small group and confer one-on-one * Phonetic spelling “Mre hd a ltl lm.” * Different “final” product * More about expression * Three genres: Narrative, Informational, Opinion * Rubrics/writing folders * Writing assessment tomorrow
* Whole group instruction as well as individualized curriculum * Spiraling approach (prior knowledge, constantly building on skills) * Hands-on * Center activities/rotations
* You and Other People (feelings and friendships) * Growing Nutrition * Dental Health * Personal Safety * Fire Safety
* Learning about ourselves and our relationship to other people * Families * Neighborhood * State * Country * Beginning map skills * Field trips
* Anti-bullying * School-wide * Preface to Steps to Respect (upper grades) * Learn how to socialize * Empathy * Feelings * Impulse Control * Anger Management * Tie in brain research
* Life: Plants and Animals * Physical: Solids and Liquids * Earth: Air and Weather * Observing, analyzing, hypothesizing, testing
* Sign-up * An activity for every day of that week * You will receive a letter the Friday before * Every other Wednesday, Escondido has their “Student of the Week” announcement during assembly
* Please don’t feel like you must bring something. * Cheering and singing * Crown, stickers * Summer birthdays at the end of the year * No edible treats or snacks this year * Small gifts (eraser, pencils, stickers, etc.) * Drop off in the morning so I can pass them out at the end of the day
* Align with Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics * Adopt new performance labels that better communicate student progress * Include a broader spectrum of social-emotional learning * Provide information regarding student strengths and areas for growth
* Visit pausd.org: * See progress reports for each grade level (in green folder too) * Watch a video that explains the process used to develop the new progress report
* Fieldtrips (suggested donations) * Class Events: Harley Goat Farm/College Terrace Library/Pizza My Heart/Junior Museum comes to Escondido (will be posted on website) * Volunteers (clipboards) * Class website (www.missngoitall.com) will have all information tonight, handouts about birthdays, Star of the Week, PAUSD calendar, daily schedule, etc.www.missngoitall.com * iConnect for families to access technology * BTSN Green Folders
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.