Presentation on theme: "Mrs. Koke Mrs. Soumah Science. * A procedure is the way that we do things. * Without procedures, students do not know what is expected of them. * To be."— Presentation transcript:
* A procedure is the way that we do things. * Without procedures, students do not know what is expected of them. * To be successful in learning, you need to follow some simple procedures.
* Make sure you have all necessary materials for the class. * Enter the classroom quietly. * Go directly to your assigned seat. * Begin your warm-up.
* You should be working on your warm-up that will be given to you weekly. * Keep your weekly warm-up in your notebook. You will only get one copy. * Write your homework in your Agenda. * When you finish, wait quietly for the next direction.
* If you enter the classroom late and do not have a pass, you will sign the tardy form. * No exceptions.
* Listen with full attention. * No pencil sharpening, talking, or whispering. * Ask permission to speak by raising your hand. * Ask questions related to the subject. Other questions which are not related to the subject can be asked after instruction. * After instruction, make sure you understand the concept. If not, ask questions by mentioning which part you didn’t understand.
* Try to wait until after instruction to ask to use the bathroom. * If you must use the bathroom, raise three fingers. This is our bathroom signal. * If you are excused, sign the pass located at the back of the room.
* Make sure you read or listen to the directions about your work. Directions should be followed the first time. * Raise your hand for help if you need it. * When working in groups, talking to each other should be no louder than a whisper. * Respect each other and be friendly. * Use your time wisely. Put forth your best effort to finish your work on time.
Write your name (first and last), date and period on your paper! Please print neatly!
* We will have quiet signals in this class. * Stop whatever you are doing at that moment and follow the signals given. * All of your attention should be given to me.
* Check your work and the directions one more time to see if you missed anything or did something incorrectly. * Make sure your name is on your paper. * I will collect all work.
* Work on unfinished Science assignments. * Review vocabulary words. * Start working on your homework. * Organize your notebook.
* You must ask permission. * Do not ask during a classroom discussion unless it is an emergency.
* Use the pencil signal to ask for permission to sharpen your pencil. No talking is necessary.
* Clean your work area and pick up all trash. * Wait for your teacher to dismiss you. * The ring of the bell does not dismiss you…… I do. * After you get permission to leave, push in your chair and leave quietly. * Throw away your trash as you leave the room.
* Homework is posted on the back board. * Homework is due on the date assigned— usually the next day. * If homework is turned late, you will be given partial credit.
* Your missing assignments will be placed in the “OUT” bin for your class. * Retrieve any handouts from the bin. * If you missed a test, we will arrange a time to make up the test.
* No cell phones in class * No backpacks/drawstring bags in class Keep them in your locker and/or out of sight
1. Warning 2. Seat change 3. Time Out in another room 4. Detention and/or Parent Contact 5. Referral to Administration
The Reflection Sheet is a two-page worksheet to: * Define the problem. * List the causes of the problem. * Develop a plan to solve the problem.
Any student who uses profanity, fights, damages school property (this includes the property of the teacher and other students), or is disrespectful (as defined by the teacher) will be sent to the office IMMEDIATELY with a referral.
7 th Grade: * Cells * Genetics * Human Body Systems * Natural Selection * Matter and Energy * Natural Selection * Atoms and Matter
* We will have a great year together. * Procedures and Expectations will enhance your learning experience. * You will get my very best everyday and I ask the same from you in return.