We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDaniel Moran
Modified over 4 years ago
Somervale School, Midsomer Norton, Bath 7 th January 2009
The experiment we completed was
1. Safety precautions were taken, glasses and coat!
2. We boiled 5 tea bags in a beaker using a hot plate.
3. This equipment is called Buchner filtration. We attached it to taps to create suction.
5. We filtered our stewed tea to remove any bits.
6. I cooled down the filtrate using an ice bowl.
7. I added the solution to a separating funnel with an organic solvent.
8. We shook the funnel and released the gas, pointing at the wall.
9. I ran off the bottom layer of solution containing the caffeine and dichloromethane solvent.
10. I used a rotary evaporator to leave the solid in my flask. Expensive machine!
11. This is our caffeine.
12. I scraped out the solid caffeine.
13. We tested the purity on a melting point machine.
14. Caffeine extracted.
Slide 1 Insert your own content. Slide 2 Insert your own content.
“Stop the Leak”.
Separation of Mixtures
0 - 0.
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Bottoms Up Factoring. Start with the X-box 3-9 Product Sum
Organic Chemistry Lab 315 Fall, 2014
Flash Evaporation to remove methylene chloride and The recovery of the Aniline from Extraction.
Laboratory Equipment Mrs. Callender September 2010 Unit 1 - Laboratory.
Lab Equipment *These are the pieces of equipment you may see in class. You will be expected to know the names of the items and the actual use for each*
Caffeine Alkaloid Purine Ring System Stimulant (50 – 200 mg) Diuretic.
Red Ink --> Answers Blue Ink --> Teacher’s Explanation.
Flash Evaporation to remove methylene chloride and
Organic Chemistry Lab 315 Fall, DUE DATES Today –At beginning of lab -- Melting Pt. and Ref. Index Report –At end of lab -- copy of laboratory notebook.
Isolation of Caffeine Overview
Preparation of Acetaminophen
Extraction Lab # 6.
Separation Techniques LSS 1 Term 3. Mixtures and Pure Substances Recap: How do we define mixture? A mixture contains two or more constituent substances.
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.