We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byChrystal Kathryn Stephens
Modified over 4 years ago
Lab Equipments 1. Beaker: Holds liquids and solids 2. Graduated cylinder: Measures volume of solids and liquids 3. Thermometer: Measures temperature in degrees
4. Dropper: Measures liquids in small quantities 5. Funnel: Directs the flow of liquids 6. Hand lens: Magnifies samples for viewing
7. Tongs: Picks up hot objects 8. Wide Mouth Bottle: Holds liquids and samples 9. Test tube: Holds samples for heating and analysis
10. Test tube rack: Holds test tubes upright for testing 11. Microscope slide: Holds specimens for viewing with the microscope 12. Triple Beam Balance: Measures the mass of liquids and solids
13. Microscope: Shows enlarged images of very small items 14. Meter stick: Measures the length of items and is marked off in centimeters and inches. 15. Rubber stopper: Seals materials in glassware
16. Test tube holder: Holds test tube during heating 17. Test tube brush: Cleans samples out of the test tube 18. Petri dish: Use to grow bacteria 19. Hot plate: Heat liquids may be flammable
Science Lab Tools Vocabulary. balance scale a tool used to compare the mass of two objects We used a balance scale to compare the mass of the objects.
Test Tube Used to hold dry or liquid substances.To compare experimental results.
Basic Lab Tools, Their use, and their measurement units Draw a picture of the lab tool, write the name, describe its use, and identify the unit of measurement(s),
Lab Equipment. Magnifying Glass View specimens larger, see more detail.
Lab Equipment. Meter Stick Meter sticks are used to measure length. The metric unit for length is the meter. Measurements may include prefixes such as.
Lab Equipment. Magnifying Glass Magnifying glass: for low maginification of an object, do not need power source.
Lab Equipment. Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids and used for stirring and heating.
Science Lab Tools Mrs. Eddlemon 6 th Grade. Beaker a glass or plastic tool used to measure liquids. a glass or plastic tool used to measure liquids.
Commonly Used Lab Equipment 1.Write the lab equipment name OR 2. Write a description of the function of the equipment (what do we use it for?)
Petri Dish Used to grow cultures of bacteria or fungi.
Activity 1: Lab Equipment Card Sort
Lab Equipment Visuals, Spellings, and Uses The Right tool for the job!
Scientific Lab Equipment Certain materials are included under the fair use exemption of the U.S. Copyright Law and have been prepared according to the.
EQUIPMENT: Pages 7-10 Objective: Students will be able to name, identify and give the use of basic lab equipment. Write the name and use of each piece.
Science Equipment Life Science.
Microscope magnify objects. Microscope slide Glass slide to prepare a slide slip cover to cover specimen on slide slide Slip cover.
Test Tube Used for storing, heating, mixing substances.
Biology Laboratory Tools Unit: 1 (B). Dissection Pan- Used to place a specimen in when conducting a dissection.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.