Presentation on theme: "GEPA Lessons 1-5 Review. Directions: You may work with a partner to complete the following questions in order as they appear in the slideshow. Use a separate."— Presentation transcript:
Directions: You may work with a partner to complete the following questions in order as they appear in the slideshow. Use a separate sheet of paper to show your work. Write your answer on the answer sheet. You must hand in both papers to get credit. Take your time. EACH partner must show their work and answers on a different sheet of paper.
Word problem: Find the cost of renting a car for a week at a charge of $140.00 a week plus $0.23 a mile for each mile over 250 miles if the car is driven 600 miles.
1. What number has the following properties? *It is greater than 40.* It is less than 50. It is a prime number *It does not have a 7 in its units place.
2. What value of x makes 14 < x > 19 true if x is odd but NOT prime?
9. A repairman charges a flat fee of $55 for a service call. His hourly rate once he has arrived at the residence is $45 an hour. Find the total cost of a repair that takes 2 hours. A. $90B. $100C. $110D. $145
10. The formula h = 80t – 5t 2 can be used to find the height h in meters of an object shot upward from the ground at the initial speed of 80 meters per second after t seconds. Find the height after 4 seconds. A. 280m B. 240m C. 180mD. 44m
11. The radius of the circle is 6. What is the area of the red ?
12. The length of a side of the square is 49. What is the area of the circle?
13. What expression does each diagram represent? X2X2 X 1
15. The area of a square is 256. Find the length of a side.
16. Which of these is the closest approximation to 4000 A. 65.2 B. 63.2 C. 63.5D. 63.2
17. Use estimation to determine if the calculator answer 50,756, is a reasonable answer for the sum 16,800 + 456 + 11,100 + 13,001
18. Which of these symbols would produce a true statement if written in the blank? 7 1/5 7 2/3 A. > B. = C.
"name": "18.Which of these symbols would produce a true statement if written in the blank.",
"description": "7 1/5 7 2/3 A. > B. = C.