Around this time, there were four one room schools located nearby. The area grew and eventually a new school was built. In 1919, the community residents proposed that they be consolidated into one central school in the Millington area. On Feb. 24, 1919, Muriel Daisy Meaux and his wife, Odelia Broussard donated 1½ acres for the new school. This was when the community was named for them.